revisiting some past predictions by me is interesting

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
Ken_J

revisiting some past predictions by me is interesting

Post by Ken_J »

in 2017 I equated VR excitement to overhyped monitor upgrages.

in 2016 I talked about grocery stores becoming more like vending machines where you get what you want from a section, and check out with a wave of a card and warehouse sized stores would have a handful of people, kind of like self check out has become default and there may be 1 isle with somebody there.
Also in 2016
Trumps defunding of vaccination program section 317 sees terrible fruit in an increased level of infant mortality among the poorer population. And at least one case of a reemerged illness that was counted as 'eradicated' more than 30 years ago.
There will be several major protests/riots in the US.
Racial and ethic tension will worsen, in the US certainly, in other countries probably.
in 2015 I predicted that by 2025
3d printing houses, pools ect is now reliably possible but for the most part the 3d printer person is a member of a construction firm that puts up foundations and framework around which the rest of the crew erect the houses and installs the plumbing and wiring, and frames in windows and doors. Meanwhile furniture fabrication and assemble and the making of the windows doors and house fixtures and built-ins will be fabricated by automated systems elsewhere and brought in to the homes. Household 3d printers will now be working in a much wider range of materials creating many generic household goods. Some lifestylers will opt in to living this printed life, but it will have the reputation amongst the broader culture of being akin to mass produced walmart/tesco generic objects.
clouds of digital assistant programs for managing financial and beuarocratic processes for people are so common we won't even think of them as existing. they will just be apps we have in our digital devices.
vertical farms have pilot farms in several major cities in each country, while some coops also build organic aqua and aeroponic warehouses.
in 2013 I stated that google glass was an idea in need of a problem, aka it really doesn't serve a purpose or help with anything.
also in 2013
If we go with the idea of the same person working for the same company for years as a thing of the past, and thus imagine a future where Jobs become something like a consulting job or temp service sort of job.
imagine connecting with a job listings provider, walking down the street and seeing notices for work that you can just walk into and offer your services for pay contract through your listings provider.
Imagine how that could change things like needing an extra fourty bucks by the end of the week for going out with your mates or to surprise a loved one with a gift you just saw. You just drop in for a shift to pick up the money you need.

... Whose saying yo can't be trained? In fact I see that as a big opportunity. Say I open a job center teaching the basic level training of a skill set to a standard that many employers need. I can train and certify that a student has the nessecary training for the job, generally running it through a course of 30 hours training with performance statistics and testing to show readiness in their application files. The student could then walk into an advertised location of a job present their agency card and show their training portfolio and the boss decides if they take the worker for a day or a few days or whatever the need is. The employment goes on a a resume sorted by skillset for reference to future applications.

This isn't what every job does obviously, but it still works for educated options too. Because right now even, education and employment are not coupled together. You get the education by paying for it, and it demonstrates qualifications, but that's not the same as already having a job or being associated with an employer.

So you can go and get an appreticship or go to a trade focused workshop or a trade school study and learn and get certified, then pick up jobs in the area with your training and a portfolio of work.