How do you think the general public wants us to evolve in terms of tv/movies?

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
iridescentrae

How do you think the general public wants us to evolve in terms of tv/movies?

Post by iridescentrae »

Now that “cancel culture” is a thing, we have the chance to promote (as well as cancel) certain people (as role models...?), ideas, political views, etc. What would you like to see?

I, for one, would like to see Nickelodeon and Disney be accepting of the LGBTQA community.

I’d also like to see the Barbie brand become accepting as well.

What about you? What do you think others would want to promote?

On a personal note, I just sent writing samples to a movie production company for marketing jobs and I’m hoping to hear back soon. If I get it, some of these ideas (yes, I’m aware they’re partly skewed by political views, how you were raised, etc. but I’m looking for a variety of ideas and viewpoints) may come to fruition!
Jakob

Re: How do you think the general public wants us to evolve in terms of tv/movies?

Post by Jakob »

I think politics should be kept out of entertainment.

Unless it happens to be politics I agree with, of course. Which is none, as all politicians are bad people and the only problems that politics/politicians solve are the ones they create to justify their own existence.
weatheriscool

Re: How do you think the general public wants us to evolve in terms of tv/movies?

Post by weatheriscool »

Jakob wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:45 pm I think politics should be kept out of entertainment.

Unless it happens to be politics I agree with, of course. Which is none, as all politicians are bad people and the only problems that politics/politicians solve are the ones they create to justify their own existence.
I agree. Hollywood is full of anti-American filth and it is becoming disgusting and hard to watch! :twisted:
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

iridescentrae wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:02 am I, for one, would like to see Nickelodeon and Disney be accepting of the LGBTQA community.

I’d also like to see the Barbie brand become accepting as well.
I don't think sexuality should be the topic of a childrens' show. It's getting kinda boring how hard these things are being forced in the western world, it's basically everywhere. Just yesterday I've watched a live stream from my bank presenting a new credit card and app features and it was like 90% discussing these topics and the rest the actual content that I wanted to watch, like why? Why dedicate so much time to these? Almost all new Netflix shows are like this (coming from the US is basically 100% certain that there will be this topic, some way or another, sometimes even being the main subject of the show).

Like, I am a libertarian futurist that accepts any people however they are (almost no exceptions from my side) but I don't really care who or what you have sex with and I don't think it's a good idea to keep inserting this as the subject of a show/movie which the plot has no correlation this idea. Just give me the actual content, not politics or whatever you think is important to "educate" people at the moment.

---

On the topic at hand from my perspective I think people in general are demanding more shows which try to be believable and have less plot-holes or dumb science. It's been a while since I've seen a fiction movie with big physics errors like it used to be the norm in the past.
And, as always, bye bye.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

iridescentrae wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:02 am Now that “cancel culture” is a thing
It's been a thing for a long time.
When Mississippi Banned 'Sesame Street'

And these threads feel funny to me, coming from my perspective.

Come ten to fifteen years from now, if I want a TV show that has an anarcha-lesbian queer character, I'll simply tell my computer, "Generate an anarcha-lesbian queer character into this show." If there's a TV show I want to change so that every female is silent, demure, and passive with any scenes of them taking action intelligently cut out, I'll tell my computer, "Make these episodes MRA friendly, on the double." If I want to take a show from my childhood and have all the dialogue be randomized into word salad with the original voice actors, my will be done. Creators' wishes be damned, I'll do what I want with my magic media machines. That's the actual future of TV and movies and much more.

And as I've said plenty of times before, we as a society are not ready for this power. It will destroy us, and I can't wait to see it.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future