AI-Generated Creations

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
Yuli Ban

Re: AI-Generated Creations

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

AI-created media is going to be unreal, man

I mean it! I've been talking about it, but I've never really elaborated on it much because it just seems so obvious.

The filter in us preventing us from creating whatever the f*ck we want is about to be erased. For most of us, there are several great filters. The first is sheer ability: I can draw a little decently, but no better than a second-year high school art student. Most people have art skills even worse than that. Or writing skills on par with a child. Or music-creating skills barely better than randomly banging pots and pans. Or whathaveyou.

Experienced artists pass that filter, but they have more filters, such as social approval and profit. You can't get a hundred million dollars to create a Pixar-animated movie about giant farting butts reenacting Goodfellas and A Clockwork Orange and you'd probably be sent to a madhouse for even seriously trying. And even if you did get a hundred million dollars somehow, just how many people would seriously be willing to work on such a project? Would it make 1% of its budget back?

More indie and low-tier artists don't have to worry about inflated costs much, but if they plan on showing anyone their work, they still have to factor in social approval. There are some topics that you just can't show to others without either being ridiculed or imprisoned for.

Another filter is time. Sure, if you're creating something solely for yourself, you don't have to worry about any of that... but if it takes thousands of hours of your life, is it worth it? Most people, even the most dedicated, would say no.

AI eliminates just about all of those filters. Hence why I say that the rise of synthetic media is on par with the rise of behavioral modernity. It's basically imagination made real + the digital equivalent of molecular assemblers.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

LOOK AT THE TEXT
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »