ººº

Re: AI-Generated Creations

Post by ººº »

Tried "future timeline" in Stable Diffusion (huggingface.co):
1)
2)
3)
4)
The third one is the best imo, I wonder why ;) .
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

raklian

Post by raklian »

wjfox wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:25 pm
Imagine realistic virtual worlds on the same scale as Earth being created in a blink of an eye. :shock:

I see similarities between this Generative AI technology and the Sword Art Online's World Seed.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
TrueAnimationFan

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

If freaking SpaceEngine was created with 10 year old software, then imagine 20 years from now. You'll have universes that make No Man's Sky the same thing as a water molecule compared to the Pacific ocean.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

wjfox wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:25 pm
This is what I've been saying for years

Generative AI is going to be the "quantum leap" forward for video games, like the shift from vacuum tubes to transistors.
Think about it. We've been chasing photorealism in gaming for 30 years now and still can't reach it. Even a lot of pre-rendered CGI isn't quite there.

Generative AI achieved photorealism years ago. If anything, generative AI is trying to move AWAY from photorealism since that's so easy to do.

Imagine putting a diffusive photorealism filter on a video game from the 1990s and it works and it looks like you're playing a live-action movie. We do in a few minutes what's been taking game devs decades and teraflops worth of computing power to accomplish. That's something that's going to happen VERY soon.
Think of how much money and manhours it takes to carve every gold-plated pixel of modern AAA games just to kinda sorta approach photorealism. If you could achieve full photorealism for an AAA game in just a few minutes with an AI, you basically cut game dev costs by half in the same amount of time. All that bloat and mediocrity we've come to expect from AAA gaming as sacrifice for the pursuit of prettier graphics will soon go away as even indie devs can do on modest budgets the same thing that takes AAA studios half a decade to produce. Imagine an indie game with the same graphical fidelity as Red Dead Redemption 2. That's entirely possible, and in fact if the indie dev uses AI, they could out-real RDR2.

Perhaps the relentless pursuit of photorealism will finally give way to a flourishing of even more artsy games as a result. I mean, even that's not creative; realistically, we'd have games where you could outright choose whether you want to play with photorealism, uncanny valley realism, or pure stylization with the flip of a few options in the menu.

That's literally just scratching the surface of the tip of the iceberg. It's not at all mentioning things like building games from scratch no matter your skill level, remastering old games no matter how old or simple, demastering modern games no matter how complex, and so much more.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
ººº

Post by ººº »

Midjourney seems to have finally surpassed its humble beginnings as "artbreeder with filters".
spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »