Charts, Graphs, and Statistics of the Future

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
Yuli Ban

Re: Charts, Graphs, and Statistics of the Future

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Yuli Ban wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:22 am Image
Important caveat:
Since they aren't in high volume production yet the numbers are estimates. I took them from this article by Dr. Ian Cutress. As he also states in this article the names used for the nodes since we switched to three-dimensional transistors are 2D equivalent conversions. I wouldn't say they are just marketing, but marketing probably played a role in why Intel chose to not adopt new measurements when bringing FinFET to market. It would have been harder for the non-enthusiast customer to compare the 3D transistor products to the competing 2D transistor products if they hadn't made a conversion.
https://libredd.it/r/singularity/commen ... 3_ibm_2nm/
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Some really useful stuff here – wish I'd viewed this thread earlier.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Steve Jurvetson tweeted this photo, "122 Years of Moore's Law" [It looks like one of those classic Ray Kurzweil plots w/ the 5 paradigms of compute, and cites Ray & Steve as co-sources. It currently extends out to 2022, the year TSINer will be published. Could Jurvetson be providing Ray w/ charts?]
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Cold and ugly truth: nuclear decommissioning post-Fukushima was NOT made up for with renewables, which grew into their own because of unrelated factors. The relentless anti-nuclear hysteria very well might have ruined our collective future as humans.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »