"We Live In The Future": Post things that give you future shock!

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: "We Live In The Future": Post things that give you future shock!

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Powers

Post by Powers »

caltrek wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:05 pm World's First X-Ray Of A Single Atom Achieved
by Dr. Alfredo Carpineti
May 31, 2023

Introduction:
(IFL Science) Thinking of X-rays might trigger memories of broken bones or dental check-ups. But this extremely energetic light can show us more than just our bones: it is also used to study the molecular world, even biochemical reactions in real-time. One issue, though, is that researchers have never been able to study a single atom with X-rays. Until now.

Scientists have been able to characterize a single atom using X-rays. Not only they were able to distinguish the type of atoms they were seeing (there were two different ones), but they also managed to study the chemical behavior these atoms were showing.

“Atoms can be routinely imaged with scanning probe microscopes, but without X-rays, one cannot tell what they are made of. We can now detect exactly the type of a particular atom, one atom-at-a-time, and can simultaneously measure its chemical state,” senior author Professor Saw Wai Hla, from the University of Ohio and the Argonne National Laboratory, said in a statement.

“Once we are able to do that, we can trace the materials down to ultimate limit of just one atom. This will have a great impact on environmental and medical sciences and maybe even find a cure that can have a huge impact for humankind. This discovery will transform the world.”

Read more here: https://www.iflscience.com/first-x-ray ... ed-69189
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Powers

Post by Powers »

wjfox wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:38 pm Government to bring resolution to rename India as Bharat in Parliament Special Session, say sources

Sept 5, 2023 2:57:24 PM IST (Updated)

India is likely to be renamed Bharat. Buzz on the country's name change gained ground after images of the official invite to the G20 Heads of State and ministers for a dinner being hosted by President Droupadi Murmu came to the fore. The invite shows the invite was from "the President of Bharat".

Soon, sources confirmed to CNBC-TV18 that a resolution is likely to be taken up in the Special Session of Parliament. The move is being seen as a response to a recent bloc of Opposition alliance calling itself INDIA.

[...]

BJP MP Harnath Singh Yadav told news agency ANI, "The entire country is demanding that we should use the word 'Bharat' instead of 'India'...The word 'India' is an abuse given to us by the British whereas the word 'Bharat' is a symbol of our culture...I want there should be a change in our Constitution and the word 'Bharat' should be added to it..."

Congress leader Jairam Ramesh hit out at the Modi government calling the move an assault on the Constitution.

"Mr. Modi can continue to distort history and divide India, that is Bharat, that is a Union of States. But we will not be deterred. After all, what is the objective of INDIA parties? It is BHARAT—Bring Harmony, Amity, Reconciliation And Trust. Judega BHARAT, Jeetega INDIA!" Ramesh said on X.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/politics/india ... 719781.htm
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

Powers wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:10 pm
wjfox wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:38 pm Government to bring resolution to rename India as Bharat in Parliament Special Session, say sources

Sept 5, 2023 2:57:24 PM IST (Updated)

India is likely to be renamed Bharat. Buzz on the country's name change gained ground after images of the official invite to the G20 Heads of State and ministers for a dinner being hosted by President Droupadi Murmu came to the fore. The invite shows the invite was from "the President of Bharat".

Soon, sources confirmed to CNBC-TV18 that a resolution is likely to be taken up in the Special Session of Parliament. The move is being seen as a response to a recent bloc of Opposition alliance calling itself INDIA.

[...]

BJP MP Harnath Singh Yadav told news agency ANI, "The entire country is demanding that we should use the word 'Bharat' instead of 'India'...The word 'India' is an abuse given to us by the British whereas the word 'Bharat' is a symbol of our culture...I want there should be a change in our Constitution and the word 'Bharat' should be added to it..."

Congress leader Jairam Ramesh hit out at the Modi government calling the move an assault on the Constitution.

"Mr. Modi can continue to distort history and divide India, that is Bharat, that is a Union of States. But we will not be deterred. After all, what is the objective of INDIA parties? It is BHARAT—Bring Harmony, Amity, Reconciliation And Trust. Judega BHARAT, Jeetega INDIA!" Ramesh said on X.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/politics/india ... 719781.htm
Am I misunderstanding, or is this basically the ruling party wanting to change the name of the country just because there's an opposition party that named itself India?
And if that is indeed the case, is that the most petty political response in world history?
Powers

Post by Powers »

Who's next? Japan? Poland? Brazil?

Somewhat related
Powers

Post by Powers »

raklian wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:03 am
Looks like cgi
40lightyears

Post by 40lightyears »

MelanieWi1l wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:56 pm Honestly seeing these HD videos from a different freaking planet is insane to me. Makes me wonder if anyone will get there within my lifetime
I totally feel you. I am scared and curious at the same time about what is going to happen in the future 10 or 20 years.