"We Live In The Future": Post things that give you future shock!

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
R8Z

Re: "We Live In The Future": Post things that give you future shock!

Post by R8Z »

Okay, today I saw on twitter something that gave me future shock but not in a good way at all.

LRADs and similar devices are being used by elites to crush dissent already. Very interesting but frightening at the same time.

https://twitter.com/search?q=lrad%20can ... head_click

Some discussion on LRADs:

And, as always, bye bye.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Yuli Ban wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:06 am
Damn shame some of the processes for exotic tech like this is so dangerous because it is beautiful.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

It's not just beautiful; it looks downright futuristic on its own.
Cherenkov radiation is essentially radiation breaking the speed of light, so you're looking at faster than light particles*

*(within its medium, which is not a vacuum)

Plus, it just looks like some cheesy special effects on an 80s sci-fi movie, but it's actually real.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

WHAT
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Footage of a human running in terror from a flying robot. This is just the very beginning...

raklian

Post by raklian »

funkervogt wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:42 pm Footage of a human running in terror from a flying robot. This is just the very beginning...
I'd say the Switchblade drones the US is sending to Ukraine is the other curtain opening to that beginning.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

I'd love to spend a night or two in a cyberpunk-style capsule hotel
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

In a truly dystopian turn of events, some recipients of bionic eye technology are going blind after their implants become obsolete and the company behind it stopped supporting them.

According to an alarming investigation by IEEE Spectrum, Second Sight Medical Products, the manufacturer of visual prosthetic devices that restored partial vision to blind patients, has provided eye implants to more than 350 blind people.

However, the investigation found, the company stopped supporting its technology a few years ago after coming close to bankruptcy — and left its patients to fend for themselves.

“It is fantastic technology and a lousy company,” Ross Doerr, a Second Sight patient, told the magazine.