AI & Robotics Videos

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
Yuli Ban

Re: AI & Robotics Videos

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

BaobabScion

Post by BaobabScion »

I'd say that their previous video is even more impressive.

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

BaobabScion wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:26 am I'd say that their previous video is even more impressive.

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:37 pm
Thanks for posting in here Yuli Ban! I was looking for the cyborg arms videos and forgot what thread they were in.

I just played Cyberpunk 2077 yesterday and these arms are exactly what it reminded me of. The funny thing is that in game when you click on the arm cybernetic slots you also see in the digital display of your avatar that pulses showing your character's arm that looks kind of like this. Its amazing that it is a real thing that exists. I guess there is some progress being made towards a synthetic human future. I wonder how this could be fitted in a human body like in the game. If their human spine video is any indication it probably will be installed in some way to be harmless inside the body given time.

Another thing is that this fits right into the long term prediction of the Future Timeline of 2080. Here is the outlook for the year of 2080 from the link at Future Timeline:

https://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcent ... transhuman

"Some humans are becoming more non-biological than biological

Today, the average citizen has access to a wide array of biotechnology implants and personal medical devices. These include fully artificial organs that never fail, bionic eyes and ears providing Superman-like senses, nanoscale brain interfaces to augment the wearer's intelligence, synthetic blood and bodily fluids that can filter deadly toxins and provide hours' worth of oxygen in a single breath.

Some of the more adventurous citizens are undergoing voluntary amputations to gain prosthetic arms and legs, boosting strength and endurance by orders of magnitude. There is even artificial skin based on nanotechnology, which can be used to give the appearance of natural skin when applied to metallic limbs.

These various upgrades have become available in a series of gradual, incremental steps over preceding decades, such that today, they are pretty much taken for granted. They are now utilised by a wide sector of society – with even those in developing countries now having access to some of the available upgrades due to exponential trends in price performance.

Were a fully upgraded person of the 2080s to travel back in time a century and be integrated into the population, they would be superior in almost every way imaginable. They could run faster and for longer distances than the greatest athletes of the time; they could survive multiple gunshot wounds; they could cope with some of the most hostile environments on Earth without too much trouble. Intellectually, they would be considered geniuses – thanks to various devices merged directly with their brain.
"