AI & Robotics Videos

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
Nanotechandmorefuture

Re: my view of the AI thingy

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Tadasuke wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:17 am :idea:
AI is overhyped. And also doomers say it will bring catastrophes, because that's how their fearful brains work.
In reality, rise of AI will get moderate, because of costs of computing and because of a lack of new revolutionary ideas.
AIs will be very smart, wise and knowledgeable and that's precisely why they will be also ethical, moral and really nice to humans. Humans are bad, evil and stupid, because they are slow, ignorant and dumb, limited by their biology and age. 1 year old AI will be as wise as 1000 years old human and no current human is 1000 years old (yet). We can fear humans, because AIs by themselves won't be evil, only if humans create them like that. And we could jail or kill evil humans. Or perhaps chip their brains to make them good. I don't think that computing evolution will stop, but I think it will be between 10-50% improvement once per year, not more than that.
Nope they are actually right. If allowed to be sped up to what it would be that would cause real civil unrest. Its being made weak because of that very issue. That is why even now its being said AI is handled by humans and AGI will probably be as well. AI in the USA would be a very particular situation since it would reference the laws written in the USA for example that sometimes are based upon European cult laws that have started legalizing Marijuana around 2013 essentially proving the War on Drugs was a waste of time hurting people for no reason and much more. Not to say some things it does reference are bad its just that you have got to keep that in mind when AI is involved. AGI will be the next step ahead where everything, if it has not already with AI, will given to it currently so as to make things more precise so current laws & silly ones.
wjfox wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:32 am
Synthetic neurons are amazing to watch in action. The robot dudes whenever they are fielded for security or other stuff like Boston Dynamics are probably a wonder to look at in a computer.
spryfusion

Re: AI & Robotics Videos

Post by spryfusion »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

wjfox wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:11 pm
Some of this stuff can be a pleasant enjoyment of technology even if the physical world does not change much. I saw a video of a supposedly Chinese knock off Boston Dynamics robot spelt Bostonn Dynamics on a shooting range. I believe with the exception of AI edited swarm of bugs it was legitimate. It was not problematic as I thought it would be in fact it was rather cool since they even tested hitting it and everything. I guess the results online of that video circulating around should speak for itself as to what encouraging the emergent technologies for the public will be in terms of reaction. It ever goes into the physical world it is going to make things very interesting.
spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »