Post Interesting CGI & Game Physics

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
Yuli Ban

Post Interesting CGI & Game Physics

Post by Yuli Ban »

This thread's for posting some great experiments, examples, and failures in the world of computer-generated graphics.
That includes the more recent phenomenon of AI-enhanced graphics, which can skip over some of the hard parts of making photorealism

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Re: Post Interesting CGI

Post by Yuli Ban »

Ever wanted 16-bit raytracing?
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

I'm just gonna edit the title to "Interesting CGI & Physics" if that's alright with you lot
Yuli Ban

Re: Post Interesting CGI & Game Physics

Post by Yuli Ban »

Oh...

OHHHH....

MY GOD.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

How does the game look this good?!

And this, if anyone remembers, was the video that made me go "I've NEVER seen graphics this good before!"

Not gonna lie... I still haven't. It's been six years and we've even seen the rise of raytracing, yet this still looks closer to photorealism than anything barring AI-generated style transfer.

You know, underneath the shitty launch and microtransactions, this is apparently a fantastic game.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Imagine the day this level of physics is easy to run on any machine:
MelanieWi1l

Post by MelanieWi1l »

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:21 pm I'm just gonna edit the title to "Interesting CGI & Physics" if that's alright with you lot
As someone with some knowledge of game physics ... i got a headache just thinking about how much time and work and mental exhaustion it must've took to make this .
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »