Building a Cyberpunk website for a fictional "corpo" organziation

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
bretbernhoft

Re: Building a Cyberpunk website for a fictional "corpo" organziation

Post by bretbernhoft »

For tonight's exploratory journey into this Cyberpunk website project, I wanted to see reality from the perspective of a Cyberpunk corpo executive. When they stare out a window in their office, what do they see? What motivates these people? Their power is unrivaled in human history. Their empires stretch across the solar system. Who are they? Are they impressed with themselves? Do they wish and yearn for greater demonstrations of their power?

I am a JavaScript Developer, who loves learning; especially when solving challenges as part of making unique applications for Internet users throughout the global Web. I began my journey in technology with WordPress and Web Analytics. More recently I've been working with React, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS, JavaScript, Vite, Node, Git, Netlify, Quickbase and RESTful JSON APIs.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

That def seems like some Stable Diffusion work there :D Great stuff! Hope all is well wherever you are!
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

To help me experiment with design elements for the website, I decided to play with cyberpunk-themed motorcycles. In this case, the motorbikes reflect the neon-lit cityscape, as made up by towering corpo buildings, glowing above.

I am a JavaScript Developer, who loves learning; especially when solving challenges as part of making unique applications for Internet users throughout the global Web. I began my journey in technology with WordPress and Web Analytics. More recently I've been working with React, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS, JavaScript, Vite, Node, Git, Netlify, Quickbase and RESTful JSON APIs.
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

This image/GIF is of a Cyberpunk character that I've had swimming in the back of my mind for quite some time. She is a human-AI cyborg, or hybrid. She can move between the terrestrial and digital worlds without effort. She is the embodiment of transhumanism, of human destiny. I think of her as an oracle.

bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

I'm putting this project on hold for the time being. I will likely resurrect it in the near future.
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

These GIFs are intended to portray different interpretations of a brightly, neon-lit goddess of cyberspace. I really like these images.

With the AI tools that I use, these images are easy to generate. But, at the same time, priceless. As I am finally able to scale my design experiments. I recommend anyone interested in writing, digital painting, Web Design and/or Web Development to consider doing the same.
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

I sometimes wonder what entertainment will look like a techno-optimistic future, at least a well-lit future. These two images help portray what a corporate party in zero gravity might look like, on such a timeline.

I am also interested in exploring what sort of military figures, troops and heavy equipment that an interstellar Cyberpunk corporation might have. Such as super soldiers and "mechs".

After all of this exploration, I have come to a point where I fairly clearly understand what sort of fictional corporation I would like to build a website for; the kind of organization that controls the gods. The kind of organization that gives birth to stars. But at an early point in its development as a corporation, where Artificial Intelligence is their main product, or trade secret.

I would like to make a website for a company that has a presence on Earth, Mars and the Moon. That sort of organization pays a certain homage to the Cyberpunk stories that I enjoy so thoroughly.

This website will likely be dozens of unique pages, but it could also be a single page. That part I am not certain about. With that said, the image of what I am making, is clearer than ever. Thank you for allowing me to share this journey here with you all.
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

Another angle to investigate is the "netrunner perspective". What would a room full of corpo netrunners look like? Here are a number of images inspired by some of my favorite Cyberpunk stories.

bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

What about the spaces between the corpo towers? The alleyways, filled with holograms and neon graffiti. These images are interpretations of what that might look like.

Powers

Post by Powers »

bretbernhoft wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:54 am What about the spaces between the corpo towers? The alleyways, filled with holograms and neon graffiti. These images are interpretations of what that might look like.