Building a Cyberpunk website for a fictional "corpo" organziation

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
bretbernhoft

Building a Cyberpunk website for a fictional "corpo" organziation

Post by bretbernhoft »

I'm a JavaScript Developer, so building (essentially) any readied project is not a problem. But I am not much of a talented designer. So I've set out to build a website for a fictional Cyberpunk "corpo" organization, by hiring a few artists to help me dream this site into existence. Here is the first sketch I've received back:
I should be receiving another sketch back within the next 24 hours. And when I do, I will make sure to share it here.
I am a JavaScript Developer, who loves learning; especially when solving challenges as part of making unique applications for Internet users throughout the global Web. I began my journey in technology with WordPress and Web Analytics. More recently I've been working with React, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS, JavaScript, Vite, Node, Git, Netlify, Quickbase and RESTful JSON APIs.
R8Z

Re: Building a Cyberpunk website for a fictional "corpo" organziation

Post by R8Z »

What would be the website have? Any interesting functionalities?

I remember someone posted some time ago a fictional website that one could "assemble" and order a genetically designed baby from a corp. Can someone link it? That was a cool glimpse into the fictional future. Maybe you could go into this direction as well but with a different subject? In these fake design sites only giving some options (like 2 or 3) already makes the site much more interesting.

Some ideas if you go into that direction:

- Assemble and purchase a personal space habitat (think small o'neill cylinders)
- Assemble and purchase of a personal space vessel
- Design and purchase of a pet (physical, emotional traits plus intelligence)
- Design and purchase of a movie, book, comic, software, etc. to be built by an AI

Good luck :)
And, as always, bye bye.
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

R8Z wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:57 pm What would be the website have? Any interesting functionalities?

I remember someone posted some time ago a fictional website that one could "assemble" and order a genetically designed baby from a corp. Can someone link it? That was a cool glimpse into the fictional future. Maybe you could go into this direction as well but with a different subject? In these fake design sites only giving some options (like 2 or 3) already makes the site much more interesting.

Some ideas if you go into that direction:

- Assemble and purchase a personal space habitat (think small o'neill cylinders)
- Assemble and purchase of a personal space vessel
- Design and purchase of a pet (physical, emotional traits plus intelligence)
- Design and purchase of a movie, book, comic, software, etc. to be built by an AI

Good luck :)
The company is a fictional robotic limb manufacturer. So the "corpo" website is going to be their B2C website, meant for the general public to view. It will likely include the ability to "order" limbs and all sorts of other interesting features.

I can also appreciate the point of taking this project in my own direction. I definitely agree with that, and am well on my way to putting my own spin on the traditional Cyberpunk paradigm. This project will take a long time to finish, but when it's done, it will be noteworthy.

And thank you for the words of support!
I am a JavaScript Developer, who loves learning; especially when solving challenges as part of making unique applications for Internet users throughout the global Web. I began my journey in technology with WordPress and Web Analytics. More recently I've been working with React, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS, JavaScript, Vite, Node, Git, Netlify, Quickbase and RESTful JSON APIs.
TrueAnimationFan

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

Interesting concept. From what I can tell, at least one person in that drawing looks like they might be a humanoid robot. If you haven't already decided, then I'd say a realistic timeframe for the setting of your site would be somewhere in the 2050s or 2060s. My reasoning for this is that after all, there's already the fairly lifelike "Ameca" robot that was built in December 2021. We probably need another 20 - 30 years before we start seeing androids that are nearly impossible to distinguish from a regular human.

Still though, it's your choice in the end, and I wish you good luck with this project as well.
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

I've been busily gathering different exploratory drawings of characters that might be employees of a fictional Cyberpunk corporation. Here are the new images:

bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

I also took a moment to record a video wherein I overview what I'm trying to accomplish with this project, as well as what my motivations are for doing all of this in the first place.

I am hoping that these kinds of posts aren't frowned on by the Admins. But if it is against the rules and/or etiquette of this Forum to update personal projects, I will stop immediately. Otherwise, I will share most of the exploratory media I've hired creatives to envision for this project. And (of course) all/any of the media can be downloaded/saved and used however you would like to.
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

In addition to the drawings, I'm also having various musicians compose tracks that they feel represent the "corpo" Cyberpunk motif. Here are the first four that I've received back:

Last edited by bretbernhoft on Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

Here is another artist's rendition of what a "corpo" Cyberpunk character might look like:

bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

I've received a fifth experimental audio track, intended to explore what the "corpo" Cyberpunk motif sounds like:

Edit:

I've received tracks number six and number seven for this project.

Number 6:

Number 7:

Edit 2:

Here are tracks 8 through 15.

bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

Here is another exploratory image for this corpo "Cyberpunk" website project. I rather like this one.

Edit:

One last piece of exploratory artwork for tonight from a new artist.