Kurzgesagt's propganda

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
MythOfProgress

Kurzgesagt's propganda

Post by MythOfProgress »

remembered a few months back when uploading a video of theirs that Kurzgesagt was sponsored by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, didn't really think much of it considering most YouTubers tend to have sponsors like those- but after pondering on it for a bit and recognizing that this was something that was recurring as opposed to being a one-time thing. sources are in the description of the video and comment section if needed.
R.I.P Ziba.
erowind

Re: Kurzgesagt's propganda

Post by erowind »

I haven't watched the video above so I'm not going to vouch for it. But I've had a bone to pick with Kurzgesagt for a while, their videos can be very irritating. Here's a video that summarized in detail how they greenwash constantly. Mind the thumbnail, that's how gaming the algorithm works. The video is solid.

Edit: I want to be clear too, not all of Kurzgesagt's videos are bad. It's specifically ones that address highly ideological topics where they present their specific ideology as "factual," "educating," or in a positive biased light while misrepresenting other viewpoints that I have an issue with. Climate crises, economics, animal farming ethics, etc.
Last edited by erowind on Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ººº

Post by ººº »

erowind wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:42 am I haven't watched the video above so I'm not going to vouch for it. But I've had a bone to pick with Kurzgesagt for a while, their videos can be very irritating. Here's a video that summarized in detail how they greenwash constantly. Mind the thumbnail, that's how gaming the algorithm works. The video is solid.

My generation laughs at our grandparents believing everything they they see&hear on TV. I guess it's time to laugh at us believing the Internet :(
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

My generation laughs at our grandparents believing everything they they see&hear on TV. I guess it's time to laugh at us believing the Internet :(
Reminds me of one of my favorite memes that has made the rounds:

"Don't believe everything that you read on the internet."

- Thomas Jefferson
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
MythOfProgress

Post by MythOfProgress »

Welp, seems they've made a general response video:

R.I.P Ziba.