Future applications of generative AI and the impact of AGI on humanity

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
nicktheg00

Future applications of generative AI and the impact of AGI on humanity

Post by nicktheg00 »

This is a video I made about the future of Artificial Intelligence. I start out by discussing the impacts and use cases of fully mature generative AI, and I think I list some pretty imaginative ways it could be applied. After that, I focus on AGI and list the most societally impactful jobs it will automate, and then go deep down the rabbit hole into things like alignment and existential risk and talk about the impact that AGI and subsequently super intelligence will have on humanity as a whole. Please check it out as I think you will all enjoy it! I posted on here about a month ago when I made a video about the future of AR, VR and brain computer interfaces were I listed some really compelling imaginative use cases for that tech as well. Link for that video is here if you haven’t seen it and want to check it out

My channel is essentially dedicated to discussing the future of emerging tech, and is actually inspired by futuretimeline! I’ve been reading FT since I was about 14 and it got me into futurology, which turned it into a lifelong passion of mine about a decade or so ago, so I thought it would be really fitting to post this here and share it with all of you. Hope you enjoy!
patriciaenochs

Re: Future applications of generative AI and the impact of AGI on humanity

Post by patriciaenochs »

My prediction is by 2026 (GPT-6) is when most software development jobs will be automated away. Then by 2030 (GPT-8) is when most of the white collar jobs will be automated, which is about most jobs in the job market, it would have full autonomy at that point so you can treat it like any other emoloyee.