VR in Action

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
BaobabScion

VR in Action

Post by BaobabScion »

Let's continue this one. I've copied my original post from Internet Archive:

A lot of the discussion around virtual reality and the other assorted XR technologies revolves around abstract questions like "how will it change society" or "what does it mean to be virtual citizen." This thread isn't really meant for that, nor is it for those VR Chat videos that you see on Youtube(let those be resigned to a gaming thread).

On here, post videos of VR being used "practically." That's to say, post videos where the technology is used for productivity or subsistence-based goals.

I understand that this could lead to some confusion when the work or activity takes place in a virtual world, but I suggest that, to properly make the distinction, you differentiate between 'play-as-endgoal' and 'livelihood-and-existence-as-endgoal'. You might that would make for a boring thread, but you'd be wrong because here's what's allowed in that distinction:
  • Use of virtual desktops is allowed.
  • Telepresence is allowed( if you can show a realtime feed).
  • VR music studios being used, like what 'doc asked about a few months ago.
  • School sessions and training are allowed( if the video shows the student or trainee's view of the world. Photographs of a person with a headset on and no view of the UI don't suffice.)
  • When we reach RPOne and Sword-Art levels of immersion, you could provide feeds of experiences within that, but try not to focus too much on the 'game' aspect of it.

What is discouraged:
  • VR Chat videos where the main theme of the video is that there's a thicc Kermit the frog twerking on an anime girl.
  • Anything from Joshdub or Jameskiii is prohibited.
  • Videos where you only see that someone's wearing a VR headset, and you can't see what's going on in there from their perspective.
I'll begin with some Assembly training videos:

Yuli Ban

Re: VR in Action

Post by Yuli Ban »

I put off reposting this thread because I had figured you'd be the one most interested in it.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
BaobabScion

Post by BaobabScion »

BaobabScion

Post by BaobabScion »

Danny Bitman's entire "Becoming a VR Artist" playlist:

BaobabScion

Post by BaobabScion »

Training for Fire Safety:

A video in which the majority of frames are not in VR. However, I'm making an exception for this because its content is pertinent:
BaobabScion

Post by BaobabScion »

VR Pilot Training:

BaobabScion

VR Police Training

Post by BaobabScion »

The hope is that training like this will allow for the PoPo to be less itchy on the trigger, and thus, less homicidal in general.