Photos and Videos From Tomorrow (Fake Caption Thread)

Talk about depictions of the future in science fiction and other sources
Yuli Ban

Photos and Videos From Tomorrow (Fake Caption Thread)

Post by Yuli Ban »

On the Alternate History forums, I had a thread a while back where I and others would post futuristic-looking images with a little story that made them seem like they were photos from the future (or an alternate future-past). Let's try the same thing here. Think of it as micro-story telling!

The gist is you post an image, preferably of something futuristic looking in real life (whether photographic or cosplaying or artistically rendered, so long as it's believably realistic) with your own caption that rewrites what's happening to be something either in the future or an alternate timeline. If there are artworks presented, then you can play with it by saying "Photographed by [Artist]" rather than "Drawn/rendered by [Artist]"

Warning: you'll need suspension of disbelief and a minimum of 512MB of imagination to appreciate this thread! If you fall below that minimum recommended spec, this thread will not make sense to you.

Anyway, have fun!

Photo of New York with Moon in the background. Notice lights of the heavily automated lunar colonies.
c. 2062

Construction of a warp gate near a terraformed colony on Noachis Terra, Mars
c. 2296

Vintage hover-car

Ambulance drone as photographed by Vitaly Bulgarov
Poland, 2032
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Nanotechandmorefuture

Re: Photos and Videos From Tomorrow (Fake Caption Thread)

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

I always wonder what the weapon systems would look like in the future even as concepts.
TrueAnimationFan

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

Vactrain station on Venus, March 2997
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

"Iron Nucleus," a type of condensed superintelligence. Photographed by Mike Winkelmann, c. March 7th, 2138
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
ººº

Post by ººº »

Yuli Ban wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:52 pm Image
"Iron Nucleus," a type of condensed superintelligence. Photographed by Mike Winkelmann, c. March 7th, 2138
Member wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:19 pm Image
Unashamed necromancy.