Detroit: Become Human

Talk about depictions of the future in science fiction and other sources
funkervogt

Re: Detroit: Become Human

Post by funkervogt »

In the episode where you have to break into the corporate news skyscraper, there's a scene where you have to discern clues about a human worker by looking at the items on her her dress and desk. You learn enough about her to make a fake phone call to her about a made-up emergency that gets her to leave her desk, allowing you to sneak by. This will be a real phenomenon in the future thanks to androids have super-senses, including super sight, which will let them zoom in on and read written documents from long distances. They'll also be able to use facial recognition to identify anyone, find info about them online, and to find ways to manipulate them in seconds. We'll all just be slow-moving marks to androids.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

In the episode where you investigate the scene after the android rebels make their renegade broadcast, one of the worker androids goes nuts, grabs a gun, and shoots five or six human cops dead in two seconds. Androids and robots will be incredibly fast and accurate with all weapons, including guns. One of them could do as much damage with a cheap, semi-auto gun as one of us could do with an expensive, accurized machine gun.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Markus, the leader of the android rebellion, can "free" other androids from their programming by clasping their hands with his own and transmitting new programming to them. It's easy to see how this could be a real means of communication for androids and other machines someday. While it would be inconvenient due to the need for close proximity, it would be very safe from eavesdropping. In a fraction of a second, they could exchange as much information as one of us could after talking for several hours.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

All this fiction we've created, like Detroit Become Human, that shows how we envision an AI civil rights movement playing out will serve as a roadmap for AIs to manipulate us in the future by preying on our expectations. Just imagine an android that is a psychopath who secretly wants to destroy humankind and take over the world copying the character profile of the civil rights leader Markus from this game. They'll be able to fake their behaviors and emotions perfectly.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

I think I just got the worst possible ending, and it was all because I wasn't fast enough hitting the right controller buttons during some of the combat scenes. Markus got killed as a result, followed by the android detective. After that, I just said "To hell with it" and rode it to the bitter end.