deanmullen10's Future History

Talk about depictions of the future in science fiction and other sources
urdestan

deanmullen10's Future History

Post by urdestan »

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I got to start somewhere on something I've watched (yet no-one has heard of it yet), so if its the wrong place let me know, but I'll attempt to justify it later in the post.

So what I'm saying is that I watched these kinds of videos for about five to six years now. There's someone who's making a series about the future annually, for instance the following video is the ninth season of that. Currently they're onto their tenth season, which is called Future History X as of this writing, so they've been doing it for over ten years.

I don't think it really fits into a general futurist scope because there are a lot of weird things in there in the last few episodes of more recent seasons, so it'd fit more of a fictional view of the future. For instance, the ability to travel into other universes and an 11th dimension isn't really possible to my knowledge and likely everyone else in this forum. Animal rights proliferating to the point of equal rights as humans seems to also be contentious as well to some as well, which is also the norm of these videos too. But to me, they're usually just short-packed fun videos to watch or to make at least.

Earlier episodes of the season are quite uh, political I should say. The later episodes though tend to get more unrealistic or in a story.

I should also note that the music of these videos are usually electronic rather than something orchestral (there are some too) at times, so if you're not into it, then its probably best to mute it, I guess.

Not sure if this thread would be taken down but I'm hoping to see if anyone would respond, since I'm pretty surprised that a fictional series about a future that I've watched isn't on the old forums, but that's because its less than an actual future prediction and rather a story.
Ozzie guy

Re: deanmullen10's Future History

Post by Ozzie guy »

Yeah I have seen him and posted the same kind of thread in the old version of this forum.

I like it although I think he sacrifice's realism for entertainment as he has to switch things up each year as he can't just post the exact same predictions yearly.