Sci-Fi Spacecraft Size Comparison

Talk about depictions of the future in science fiction and other sources
TrueAnimationFan

Sci-Fi Spacecraft Size Comparison

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

This is by far one of my favorite videos on YouTube. It was made in September 2020 by a channel called MetaBallStudios (or MBS for short). Dozens of ships from movies, TV series, anime and western animated films appear in it, all lined up next to a real world city (New York) to help with perspective. The last few minutes of the video are definitely the craziest. Can you even imagine how many centuries or millennia it would take for humans to actually build a craft similar in size to Gurren Lagann's Cathedral Terra or Halo's Installation 00?

I know that Star Wars takes place in the ancient past, but I'd say the ships from everything besides that count as parts of fictional futures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTPwbVqU6lc
raklian

Re: Sci-Fi Spacecraft Size Comparison

Post by raklian »

TrueAnimationFan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:45 pm This is by far one of my favorite videos on YouTube. It was made in September 2020 by a channel called MetaBallStudios (or MBS for short). Dozens of ships from movies, TV series, anime and western animated films appear in it, all lined up next to a real world city (New York) to help with perspective. The last few minutes of the video are definitely the craziest. Can you even imagine how many centuries or millennia it would take for humans to actually build a craft similar in size to Gurren Lagann's Cathedral Terra or Halo's Installation 00?

I know that Star Wars takes place in the ancient past, but I'd say the ships from everything besides that count as parts of fictional futures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTPwbVqU6lc
Yeah, it's pretty neat. I already watched it few months ago. I didn't realize the Star Killer was bigger than the 2nd Death Star. When I watched the latest Star Wars trilogy, I had the impression it was smaller. Maybe I was thinking of the fact the Empire crumbled after the death of the Emperor and it didn't have the resources and manpower like they used to. Oh well.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Updated version –

bretbernhoft

Post by bretbernhoft »

wjfox wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:15 pm Updated version –

This is outstanding. Thank you for sharing it.
I am a JavaScript Developer, who loves learning; especially when solving challenges as part of making unique applications for Internet users throughout the global Web. I began my journey in technology with WordPress and Web Analytics. More recently I've been working with React, TypeScript, Tailwind CSS, JavaScript, Vite, Node, Git, Netlify, Quickbase and RESTful JSON APIs.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

wjfox wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:15 pm Updated version –

They really do us a favor in the movies showing everyone getting around on Star Wars spaceships to the important parts. Hell even flying seems like it would be a time consuming thing.