History of Society & Demographics

Got something to say about the past? Say it here!
Yuli Ban

History of Society & Demographics

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Re: History of Society & Demographics

Post by Yuli Ban »

I love dwelling on this topic of imagining human life in the past, especially en masse.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

The further back you go, the more interesting it becomes to me. Circa 2000 BCE, large-scale civilization was still historically "new," being an innovation that dated back maybe one thousand years (possibly more if the archaeological record gets proven as too incomplete to be useful). Most humans lived either a horticultural, small-scale agricultural, or hunter-gatherer way of life.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Crazy to think these sites, circa 7000 BC, would have been enormous for their time and yet still held fewer people than a modern city block.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

TanishaTanTan

Post by TanishaTanTan »

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:15 pm The further back you go, the more interesting it becomes to me. Circa 2000 BCE, large-scale civilization was still historically "new," being an innovation that dated back maybe one thousand years (possibly more if the archaeological record gets proven as too incomplete to be useful). Most humans lived either a horticultural, small-scale agricultural, or hunter-gatherer way of life.
Demography is a very interesting science. If there were no warriors, then the population of the planets would be catastrophically huge. I thought about it and decided to look at the resettlement of people during the Second World War. Also read about destruction of peoples about "holocaust", found https://edubirdie.com/examples/holocaust/ for this. Of course, the statistics surprised me. I will not voice it here. If you want, I will write about it separately.