Remove an important person from history and how would history have changed?

Got something to say about the past? Say it here!
weatheriscool

Remove an important person from history and how would history have changed?

Post by weatheriscool »

Remove an important person from history and how would history have changed? I'll choose Karl marx. I believe without this man the world would have developed with the industrial revolution view but worldwide instead of the spread of dysfunctional communism and the world would be far wealthier today. No 100 million dead, no USSR, NO Mao, NO Po pot, No castro...Just world wide capitalism that would have focused on resources, tech advances and could have got us colonies to the moon and to mars within the 20th century. I believe this is one of the reasons why human progress that was predicted in the early 20th century never came to pass.

I believe such a future would have jet packs, flying cars(like we kind of do now but wide spread), nuclear fusion, and people like elon musk providing trips for thousands of people per year to mars 20-30 years ago. I believe that some of marx's ideas not only created communism but also the over regulation of society that killed off such advances that could have made the last 150 years in our reality look slow. A mind set that wasn't good for advances and I believe men like Elon musk is just a tiny look at what could have been.
Revolutionary Moderate

Re: Remove an important person from history and how would history have changed?

Post by Revolutionary Moderate »

weatheriscool, I think you are ignoring that without the USSR, there would be no Cold War without the USA, and thus, the Space Race between them. A fully capitalist world would see little incentive for space exploration and travel, as it is expensive and they probably would only consider it right now, such as we are doing, as we need asteroid mining as we are running out of some resources. Also, there probably would be no World War 2, but that it is another problem because the Nazi's rocket program was useful in allowing the USA and the USSR to engage in the Space Race.
The Potato Praiser
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

Just for curiosity, in no particular order:
  • Jesus
  • Muhammad
  • Marx (and Engels)
  • First homo sapiens :twisted:
Not a person:
  • Chinese Civilization
Internet used to be an escape from the real world.
Now the real world is an escape from internet.
Revolutionary Moderate

Post by Revolutionary Moderate »

My choice is Adolf Hitler. Without Hitler, there would be no Nazis, so World War 2 may not happen. The Holocaust would not happen, meaning the country of Israel might not exist, but Zionism would still exist, so it could still exist, but there would be fewer Jews living there, meaning the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians that we are familiar with would not happen, or it would be less intense. Germany could have a communist revolution, especially if Stalin was removed from history, and Trosty succeeded Lenin, or Germany could continue to be a capitalist country.
The Potato Praiser