Past Timeline

Got something to say about the past? Say it here!
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Past Timeline

Post by wjfox »

I've now finished the tablet & mobile versions of that year browser, so it's fully responsive:

https://www.pasttimeline.net/timeline.htm

So now I can focus on "Browse by period".
TrueAnimationFan

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

Quick question, Will. When you reach the present year, will the timeline stop there, or will it continue to "self extend" at a rate of one year per year?
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

TrueAnimationFan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:44 pm Quick question, Will. When you reach the present year, will the timeline stop there, or will it continue to "self extend" at a rate of one year per year?
It'll self extend, so the end of Past Timeline will link to the beginning of Future Timeline (and vice versa). Old years on Future Timeline will be deleted and moved to Past Timeline.
TrueAnimationFan

Ah, so then Future Timeline will start in the 2020s? Is that what you mean?
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

TrueAnimationFan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:20 am Ah, so then Future Timeline will start in the 2020s? Is that what you mean?
Yep.
TrueAnimationFan

Sorry if my messages are getting annoying but is this thing still being worked on?
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

TrueAnimationFan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:44 am Sorry if my messages are getting annoying but is this thing still being worked on?
Not since November, but yeah.

Believe me, I wish I could work on it every day! :) But I have a regular 9-5 job, which is exhausting, and Future Timeline which I need to update regularly in order to sustain traffic/revenue. So, I rarely get time to work on Past Timeline.

Plus, there's now a 3rd website I'm working on (future-related), which is kind of under wraps for now, but could enable me to transition into writing and blogging full-time, by generating 10 times the revenue of Future Timeline (if it works out, which I'm fairly confident it will).

I will continue to work on Past Timeline every few months, and my interest and passion for the website hasn't diminished one iota... but it's going to be a long haul, I'm afraid.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

wjfox wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:56 am
TrueAnimationFan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:44 am Sorry if my messages are getting annoying but is this thing still being worked on?
Not since November, but yeah.

Believe me, I wish I could work on it every day! :) But I have a regular 9-5 job, which is exhausting, and Future Timeline which I need to update regularly in order to sustain traffic/revenue. So, I rarely get time to work on Past Timeline.

Plus, there's now a 3rd website I'm working on (future-related), which is kind of under wraps for now, but could enable me to transition into writing and blogging full-time, by generating 10 times the revenue of Future Timeline (if it works out, which I'm fairly confident it will).

I will continue to work on Past Timeline every few months, and my interest and passion for the website hasn't diminished one iota... but it's going to be a long haul, I'm afraid.
It's really great to hear that your passion might become your job.
GTrang

Post by GTrang »

An unfinished Past Timeline looks like a procrastinator's problem: Past Timeline and Procrastination.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Even though on-hold, i was wondering how you are getting on with Pasttimeline Will?
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.