(Improved) pre ww2 and ww2 every day

Got something to say about the past? Say it here!
Ozzie guy

(Improved) pre ww2 and ww2 every day

Post by Ozzie guy »

The following website gives a complete day by day breakdown of WW2 and covers many days from the pre ww2 era.

https://ww2db.com/event/timeline/

Each day is only a couple of sentences so I can read plus copy and paste a day within a few minutes (or just copy and paste in 10 seconds). It is something that is no hassle and can be kept up.

Because the website covers pre ww2 it means I can start with pre ww2 now so ww2 ends when 2030 starts rather than still having a few years until 2030.

It goes without saying that when lining up the days so ww2 ends on Jan 1st 2030 I will be using the Australian time zone.

Here is a link for me loading a timeline from 1937

https://ww2db.com/event/timeline/1937/

Edit also because it ends on Jan first 2030 I can take a break uploading daily events and just return to what's happening without losing where I am up to.
Last edited by Ozzie guy on Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzie guy

Re: (Improved) pre ww2 and ww2 every day

Post by Ozzie guy »

18 Jul 1937
Hitler opened the Exhibition of German Art but was outraged at some of the paintings, submitted for his approval, which he declared to be too modernist for display.
30 Soviet-built I-15 fighters were delivered to the Chinese Air Force at Lanzhou, Gansu, China.

Photo(s) dated 18 Jul 1937
Chancellor Hitler speaking at the opening of the House of German Art, Munich, Germany, 18 Jul 1937
Chancellor Hitler touring the House of German Art, Munich, Germany, 18 Jul 1937
Chancellor Adolf Hitler speaking at the opening of the House of German Art, Munich, Germany, 18 Jul 1937
Göring and Hitler touring the House of German Art museum, Munich, Germany, 18 Jul 1937; Professor Ziegler seen speaking with Hitler

ImageImage
Ozzie guy

Re: (Improved) pre ww2 and ww2 every day

Post by Ozzie guy »

19 Jul 1937
In Munich, Germany, the "Exhibition of Degenerate Art" opened, containing some 650 exhibits confiscated from museums, galleries and public buildings by a committee set up by Goebbels. The Exhibition, opened by Adolf Ziegler, was an instant success with over two million visitors in the first four months; after which it went on tour around Germany.

note I think website has no news after this for a few days I didn't quit posting instantly XD