News Ass

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: News Ass

Post by wjfox »

Vishal Garg: US boss fires 900 employees over Zoom

1 hour ago

The boss of a US firm has been criticised after he fired around 900 of his staff on a single Zoom call.

"If you're on this call you're part of the unlucky group being laid off," said Vishal Garg, chief executive of mortgage firm Better.com, on the call, later uploaded to social media.

Comments on social media said it was "cold", "harsh" and "a horrible move", especially in the run up to Christmas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59554585

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Okay! WHAT!
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Woman who 'nudged' Insulate Britain protester with 4X4 charged with assault

17 December 2021, 12:29

A mum who allegedly nudged an Insulate Britain protester with her Range Rover to try and move her out of the road in Essex has been charged with assault.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/crime/mum-charged ... protester/
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Uhhhhhhh huh.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Someday, this may not be News Ass...

Edit: Bah, Reddit removed it

Here you go again

Australian man ‘cannot leave Israel for 8,000 years’ over unpaid child support
An Australian national living in Israel has said he is subject to an 8,000-year travel ban unless he pays an outstanding £1.8m in child support payments.

Noam Huppert, a 44-year-old analytical chemist working for a pharmaceutical company, is not allowed to leave Israel until 31 December 9999 owing to a 2013 “stay of exit” order handed down after a family court case was brought by his ex-wife, according to news.com.au.

The court ruled Huppert must pay 5,000 shekels (£1,200) a month for each of his two children until they turn 18. It was not immediately clear whether Huppert has made any payments to date, or whether he must pay the entire sum in advance in order to lift the stay-of-exit order. It appears the year 9999 was arbitrarily set because it was the highest possible date allowed by the online system. The Guardian has contacted Huppert for more information.

Huppert’s former spouse, an Israeli national, moved back to the country in 2011, when their children were aged three months and five years old. He followed in 2012, and says he has not been able to leave for any reason – including work – in the eight years since the court ruling.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

A
squirrel’s reign of terror over a sleepy Welsh village has been brought to an end after it bit 18 residents leaving some too scared to leave their homes.

Nicknamed Stripe the grey squirrel was finally caught in a humane trap and handed to the RSPCA by Corrine Reynolds who had been feeding it from her garden in Buckley in North Wales.

It came after more than a dozen locals reported being attacked by the rodent with some posting gory images of bloody bite marks and deep scratches requiring tetanus jabs amid the two-day “rampage”.

The squirrel was also accused of biting dogs, cats and chasing people down country roads.

The attacks were ended when Ms Reynolds set out a cage in her garden leaving a handful of peanuts, Stripe’s favourite snack, as bait.
The squirrel was put down by the RSPCA / Corinne Reynolds

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

We did it once, we can do it again

Castrate the fucker
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Boy, 10, struck by falling bullet on New Year's Eve

January 03, 2022 12:05 PM

NEW ORLEANS - A child was struck in the face by a falling bullet while watching fireworks from his backyard on New Year's Eve.

The boy's friends and family told WWLTV the incident happened around 10 p.m. Friday while 10-year-old Fabian Rivera was sitting on a swing set at his home in the New Orleans East area.

"We was talking, he was looking at the sky. And then we heard like fireworks, and then he got off the swing and came crying with blood," said 10-year-old Diana Lopez, Fabian's close friend.

The sound of gunfire had mixed with the fireworks, and the two didn't immediately realize what happened.

"I was nervous because I didn’t think it was a shot at first. I thought it was fireworks," Lopez said.

Police later confirmed Fabian was struck by a bullet. The bullet hit Fabian near his mouth and through his neck, breaking two of his teeth.

Fabian was taken to a hospital where doctors found that he miraculously suffered no major injuries. Days later, Fabian says he's "feeling good."

https://www.wbrz.com/news/10-year-old-b ... ear-s-eve/

Photo: WWLTV
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

The fuckin fuckin f*ck?

I'm sorry, WHAT