My random thoughts

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: My random thoughts

Post by wjfox »

funkervogt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:12 pm An advanced android could be like Jesus.
1) It could have tiny needles in its fingertips that it would use to painlessly inject people with medical nanobots that would heal their health problems, and mind-altering chemicals to make them appear to fall into trances in front of everyone.
2) The miracle in which Jesus was at the lake and summoned fish into the nets of his followers could be performed thusly: the android touches the edge of the water, surreptitiously injecting nano- or micro-machines into it. They swim a short distance and release a powerful synthetic bait chemical that attracts fish. Fake Jesus then tells his followers to cast their nets at that point.
3) It would have an encyclopedic knowledge of all holy books and other texts, and extremely good speaking and debating skills. As a result, it would gain followers and appear to be a supreme expert in religious doctrine.
4) Torture and crucifixion would not kill such an android, though it could convincingly mimic pain and death. After being put in its tomb, the android could "wake up," feigning a resurrection from death.

Imagine a scenario where a narcissistic android from Earth goes alone to a planet full of primitive aliens. Using the aforementioned abilities, it reenacts the life of Jesus among them.

Would make for an interesting sci-fi novel, or short story.

Also, reminds me of –

funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

In a future where everyone's subsisting off of UBI and there is mass surveillance, some key aspects of life would be improve and become more efficient. Welfare fraud would go way down since an AGI would manage your UBI transfers and directly pay for your food, rent, utility bills, and other essential expenses. You might find ways to waste the remaining fraction, but at least you wouldn't be able to blow so much on drugs or alcohol that you wouldn't even have a roof over your head anymore.

AIs would also have a perfect grasp of how physically and mentally able you were, and they'd watch you throughout the day to see whether you were working and behaving at your potential. It would be possible to tell shirkers apart from people who were idle due to genuine reduced ability.
Powers

Post by Powers »

That sounds very horrible.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

funkervogt wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:59 am Think of all the fun you could have if you had an implant that could stimulate every part of your brain, and you laid down and set it to "Random."
The brain implants might also make drugs and alcohol obsolete since they'd let you induce any kind of mental state at will, including various types of intoxication, but you would have control over the degree of intoxication, could end it at any moment, and there would be no health consequences or risk of death.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

If we all turn into technologically unemployed UBI bums, won't we start having more children like today's unemployed welfare bums? Won't that solve the depopulation crisis?
Powers

Post by Powers »

funkervogt wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:14 am If we all turn into technologically unemployed UBI bums, won't we start having more children like today's unemployed welfare bums? Won't that solve the depopulation crisis?
Everyone should be very bored first for that.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

I'm watching Rael: The Alien Prophet on Netflix.

If AGIs will do everything at least as well as humans someday, does that mean they'll also be charismatic cult leaders?

At least in the first episode, Rael seemed like a good guy who brought his followers together in harmony and happiness. What if AGIs can do the same for everyone?