Does anyone think aliens might upload our souls/consciousnesses when we die?

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
funkervogt

Re: Does anyone think aliens might upload our souls/consciousnesses when we die?

Post by funkervogt »

Relatedly, I've got an unproveable theory that intelligent aliens have been present on Earth for thousands or even millions of years, and that they use machines disguised as small animals and even inanimate objects to watch what's been happening here. Among other tasks, they've been collecting DNA from humans and other organisms. Somewhere, they have a database containing the full genomes of quadrillions of individual organisms, mostly long dead.

If they wanted to, they could use the database and cloning machines to "synthesize" anything in the database, including dinosaurs, the "missing link" hominids, famous people who recently died, and most humans who are currently alive.

The aliens must also have a master database containing genetic info for every organism they've encountered across the galaxy (or universe?), all admixtures therein, and any unique organisms they've designed and manufactured in their labs.
raklian

Re: Does anyone think aliens might upload our souls/consciousnesses when we die?

Post by raklian »

funkervogt wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:40 pm Relatedly, I've got an unproveable theory that intelligent aliens have been present on Earth for thousands or even millions of years, and that they use machines disguised as small animals and even inanimate objects to watch what's been happening here. Among other tasks, they've been collecting DNA from humans and other organisms. Somewhere, they have a database containing the full genomes of quadrillions of individual organisms, mostly long dead.
Is that why flies squat on our and other organisms' feces?

This is a serious question. Honestly.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

raklian wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:01 pm
funkervogt wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:40 pm Relatedly, I've got an unproveable theory that intelligent aliens have been present on Earth for thousands or even millions of years, and that they use machines disguised as small animals and even inanimate objects to watch what's been happening here. Among other tasks, they've been collecting DNA from humans and other organisms. Somewhere, they have a database containing the full genomes of quadrillions of individual organisms, mostly long dead.
Is that why flies squat on our and other organisms' feces?

This is a serious question. Honestly.
Even if my theory is right, only an insignificant fraction of flies are actually alien robots. Like, not even 1% of 1%. That means flies squat on feces for natural reasons unrelated to DNA collection.