Sports News and Discussions

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Ozzie guy

Sports News and Discussions

Post by Ozzie guy »

We are about a week away from football's/Soccer's UEFA Champions league final.

UEFA Champions league is the most prestigious and hardest to win club football (not national team) event of the year where the top teams across Europe compete in a knockout tournament.

This final is between Manchester City and Chelsea both English teams which is reflective of how dominant the English football clubs are right now.

Manchester City has an ELO score of "2015" and Chelsea has an ELO score of "1921" http://clubelo.com/

Personally I want Manchester City to win as their manager was a famous manager and player for Barcelona which is the team I started supporting as a kid. I started supporting the Spanish Barcelona because in Australia where I live all our teams are horrid by European standards and I liked their Tactic called Tiki Taka.
Time_Traveller

Re: Sports News and Discussions

Post by Time_Traveller »

England’s Edgbaston Test against New Zealand to have 18,000 fans
Wed 26 May 2021

Next month’s Edgbaston Test between England and New Zealand will welcome around 18,000 fans each day after being selected as the first of the government’s latest pilot events.

Royal Ascot has also been selected for the scheme with 12,000 people to be allowed into the track on each day of the traditional highlight of the Flat racing season from 15 to 19 June.

Under present guidelines smaller outdoor venues are only permitted to be at 25% capacity, but Edgbaston will be 70% full for the second Test against the Black Caps when it takes place between 10-14 June.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... on-cricket
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Brentford promoted to Premier League for first time after stinging Swansea
Sat 29 May 2021

After suffering a flurry of failures on the big stage, this time Brentford made promotion look like a doddle. They soared into an early two-goal lead courtesy of an Ivan Toney penalty and a cool Emiliano Marcondes strike, and Swansea City, overawed by the occasion, offered no reply.

For the first time since 1947, Brentford will play in the top flight of English football, finally conquering the play-offs at the 10th time of asking. At full-time, the sun-drenched, red-and-white segment of this enormous arena bobbed with joy.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nal-report
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Chelsea won the Champions league
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

None of these stories are even vaguely related to futurology. I suggest we move this thread to off-topic.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:34 pm None of these stories are even vaguely related to futurology. I suggest we move this thread to off-topic.
Agreed, this thread was originally posted there in the old forum.

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Tokyo 2020: Olympics '100%' going ahead - Games president Seiko Hashimoto

2 hours ago

Tokyo 2020 president Seiko Hashimoto is "100%" certain the Olympics will go ahead, but warned the Games "must be prepared" to proceed without spectators in the event of a coronavirus outbreak.

There are 50 days until the delayed Tokyo Games begin on 23 July.

Japan is dealing with a fourth wave of coronavirus cases, with 10 areas of the country under a state of emergency.

Hashimoto told BBC Sport: "I believe that the possibility of these Games going on is 100% that we will do this."

Speaking to BBC Sport's Laura Scott, she added: "The question right now is how are we going to have an even more safe and secure Games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/57329388
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:05 am Tokyo 2020: Olympics '100%' going ahead - Games president Seiko Hashimoto

2 hours ago

Tokyo 2020 president Seiko Hashimoto is "100%" certain the Olympics will go ahead, but warned the Games "must be prepared" to proceed without spectators in the event of a coronavirus outbreak.

There are 50 days until the delayed Tokyo Games begin on 23 July.

Japan is dealing with a fourth wave of coronavirus cases, with 10 areas of the country under a state of emergency.

Hashimoto told BBC Sport: "I believe that the possibility of these Games going on is 100% that we will do this."

Speaking to BBC Sport's Laura Scott, she added: "The question right now is how are we going to have an even more safe and secure Games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/57329388
I think there will be hardly any spectators or even none viewing this years Olympics.

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

I am a bit annoyed they made those Denmark players play so soon after the incident no wonder why they lost.

I predict France are going to f$#k Germany with Mbappe and Benzima. Game is in a few hours I will be asleep for it unfortunately.