If an afterlife was found to exist

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Revolutionary Moderate

If an afterlife was found to exist

Post by Revolutionary Moderate »

Some time ago, I watched a movie about a scientist who discovered that an afterlife exists. However, this discovery causes lots of people to kill themselves. I remember I didn't watch all of this movie, but I am not sure why, but anyway, what do you would happen if an afterlife was found to exist.
The Potato Praiser
raklian

Re: If an afterlife was found to exist

Post by raklian »

Revolutionary Moderate wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:22 pm Some time ago, I watched a movie about a scientist who discovered that an afterlife exists. However, this discovery causes lots of people to kill themselves. I remember I didn't watch all of this movie, but I am not sure why, but anyway, what do you would happen if an afterlife was found to exist.
If it were found to exist, I would start to question what its purpose is for.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

This is more philosophy than futurism. There is no scientific basis for it.
erowind

Post by erowind »

This probably belongs in the off topic forum. Nevertheless, I'd try to discern the nature of the afterlife before making any further decisions. If this afterlife were different depending on how one acted on Earth I'd change my action accordingly or try to discern if there was wiggle room to impose one's own will on the afterlife if they disagreed with its purported purpose.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Moved this thread to Off Topics. There is no scientific basis for any discussions about the afterlife.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Redspector

Post by Redspector »

Revolutionary Moderate wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:22 pm Some time ago, I watched a movie about a scientist who discovered that an afterlife exists. However, this discovery causes lots of people to kill themselves. I remember I didn't watch all of this movie, but I am not sure why, but anyway, what do you would happen if an afterlife was found to exist.
>Doesn't mention the scientist or movie

>says that everyone killed themselves

>doesn't respond with any proof or evidence

>everyone who commented on this thread doesn't question the lack of proof

Is revolutionary moderate a chad or GOD?