Yes, I am Just Joking

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
caltrek

Re: Yes, I am Just Joking

Post by caltrek »

Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody is there to appreciate it."

- Franklin Jones
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Tech mogul gravitating toward China's take on Taiwan.
Niklas Eriksson

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4689944
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Thoughts?
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

^^^ No real thoughts, but... :lol:

I came here to post this, which tempts me to bring back Wurfs into this thread:
“Rumpelstiltskin has been called out,” the D.C. lobbyist commented. “The munchkins can now criticize the Wicked Witch of Mar-a-Lago.”
Source:
https://www.courthousenews.com/trump-go ... elections/
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

That's for catching that, Erowind. The bot has been banned.
Ok, that does it. You guys have gone too far. We Wurfs have now taken over Caltrek News and are holding caltrek hostage. Our demands are very simple. Do not ban bots. Bots are just mechanical Wurfs. They are no different than Gremlins, Leprechauns, Little Green Men, and other sorts of innocent harmless Wurfs. Just because we crash a few planes to the ground here and there is no reason to get all upset with us.

We had promised caltrek that we would no longer make our presence felt if Donald Thump were not re-elected Pwesident. Still, we did not anticipate such cruel and mean measures would be taken against our innocent brethern. Therefore, caltrek will be held hostage and will no longer be participating in this thread until our demands are met.

Have a nice day.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Wurfs Hold First Press Conference Following Kidnapping of caltrek
by A Certain Wurf
November 2022

Introduction:
(caltrek news) Refusing to give his name, a Wurf insisting that he was a spokesperson for the Wurfs that have reportedly kidnapped caltrek gave his first post-kidnapping news conference.

After opening remarks in which he announced the occupation of caltrek news offices, the Wurf was asked about his religious affiliation.
“Religion in the land of the Wurfs is a very complicated and contentious issue,” he said. “Many sects do trace their lineage back to the days of Mosekus. Legend had it that Mosekus led early Munchkins out from the land of the sparrows in search of land to establish a new nation. It was during this period that Mastodons were first domesticated as beasts of burden. From this point, many different Wurfian tribes developed. This period is referred to in our history books as The Great Migration.”

The spokesperson declined to identify to which tribe he belonged.

Asked what precipitated the kidnapping of caltrek, the spokesperson responded that it was the banning of a bot. “All the bot did was make an innocent inquiry as to the rewilding of a certain endangered animal species,” he explained. “Sure, an advertisement was smuggled in with that inquiry, but it is not as if caltrek never reported favorably upon a private enterprise or never shared a corporate news release. Clearly, prejudice against bots was involved in this egregious decision.”
Read more here: broken link
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Second News Conference Ends in Chaos
by a Certain Wurf
November 12, 2022

Introduction:
(Caltrek News) A second news conference put on by Wurfs who claimed responsibility for kidnapping caltrek ended in chaos today.
The news conference got off to a rocky start when one reporter asked the Wurf spokesperson if it was true that he was just a sock puppet of caltrek. The spokesperson shot back with an exclamation that caltrek had “really been a sock puppet of the Wurf collective.”

“If so,” the reporter wondered aloud, “then why was it necessary to kidnap him?”

“Haven’t you ever put away a sock into storage?” asked the Wurf.

Further questions occurred regarding bots. Were bots really and truly mechanical Wurfs? This really stirred up emotions. One Wurf shouted out that mechanical beings do not have a heart. To which the Tin Man stood up and insisted that he did have a heart. The Wizard of Id nodded in agreement.
It was at this point that small positively weird looking robots marched into the room. Their presence seemed to send an ominous chill into the room. Sensing the fear, the spokesperson tried to reassure his audience. “Pay no mind to these robots, they are simply a part of our security detail” to which pandemonium then broke out, even as many edged quietly to the door in a seeming effort to escape. One Wurf even mounted his Mastodon and stared down the mechanical security guards, who simply ignore him while he slowly lurched toward the door.

Others began heated arguments with anybody who would listen to them.

The chaos was so complete that this reporter could only make out an argument nearby. This was when a Wurf took exception to the account given earlier concerning Mosecus. He insisted that it was the correct thing to do to refer the matter to the Wurf Anti-defamation League, to which another Wurf responded that it was simply an accurate account of Wurfian myths and held nothing offensive with it. At that point the argument devolved into a fist fight. This reporter edged away and headed toward the podium, but at this point the spokesperson had left the room.

The riot continued for some time after.
Read more here: Another broken link
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Full disclosure: This citation is brought to you by a Certain Wurf as caltrek remains incommunicado.

'I'll Burn Arizona to the Ground'
by Kelly McClure
November 13, 2022

Introduction:
(Alternet) In the cold open for "Saturday Night Live," hosted by Dave Chappelle, SNL alum Cecily Strong brought back her near-perfect Kari Lake portrayal to rib the Republican's refusal to admit defeat in her race for Arizona governor.

In the sketch, Strong as Lake appears in a segment of "Fox & Friends" to answer questions about her run in the midterms, and flip flops between blaming Democracy for her loss, if she does in fact lose, and thanking Democracy for helping her win if that ends up being the unlikely outcome.

"Nearly every candidate Trump backed lost this week, except for one" says SNL's Mikey Day as Fox host, Steve Doocy, kicking it over to Strong as Lake.

"Greeting from Arizona, where the average age and temperature is 95," Strong says.

"Thanks for being here during what must be a very stressful time," says Bowen Yang as Fox host Brian Kilmeade.
Read more here: https://www.alternet.org/2022/11/burn- ... e-ground/

Certain Wurf’s comment:…and you guys think things are bad here in the world of the Wurfs. Clean up your own house before you criticize us. :x :roll:
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill