What are you watching?

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: What are you watching?

Post by wjfox »

andmar74

TV-series

Post by andmar74 »

No thread on this subject?

New season of Cobra Kai on Netflix just out. I love this shit.
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: TV-series

Post by wjfox »

andmar74 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:42 pm No thread on this subject?
Merged.
andmar74

Re: TV-series

Post by andmar74 »

wjfox wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:13 pm
andmar74 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:42 pm No thread on this subject?
Merged.
Right. Thanks!
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

‘Quantum Leap’ Reboot Set At NBC With Pilot Order

January 13, 2022 2:00pm

Quantum Leap’s long-rumored return has taken a big leap toward becoming a reality. NBC has given a pilot order to a reboot of the beloved 1990s sci-fi series, which starred Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell.

Written and executive produced by La Brea co-showrunners Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt and executive produced by Blindspot creator Martin Gero as well as Quantum Leap creator/EP Don Bellisario and EP/co-narrator Deborah Pratt, the follow-up series is set in present time. It’s been 30 years since Dr. Sam Beckett (Bakula) stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now a new team has been assembled to restart the project in the hopes of understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it.

Bakula is not attached to reprise his role or produce the new Quantum Leap but is aware of the reboot and has had conversations about potentially getting involved. Bakula’s co-lead on the original series, Dean Stockwell, died in November at age 85.

The pilot is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, with Lilien and Wynbrandt exec producing for their I Have an Idea! Entertainment, Bellisario for his Belisarius Productions and Gero via his Quinn’s House Productions.

The original NBC series, which aired 97 episodes from 1989-93, featured Bakula’s physicist and inadvertent Sam Beckett time-hop through various eras by “leaping” into the bodies of other people. Stockwell played Beckett’s sidekick, Admiral Al Calavicci, who appeared as a hologram to guide him through the weekly adventures.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/quantum-le ... 234912430/

andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

I just saw 1. Episode of Moon Knight. He is a superhero, first I hear of him today. You have to see the cupcake van chase scene, it's hilarious.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

Saw the movie "Wedding Ringer" at Netflix. It's from 2015. Really good, even better if you have a bottle of Red wine beside you..
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Netflix Officially Adding Commercials

By Stephanie Downs - April 19, 2022 11:03 pm EDT

It's the end of an era for Netflix. While the service has long been praised for its total lack of ads and commercials, Netflix is reversing its course on the matter. On Tuesday, Deadline reported that Netflix co-CEO Reed Hastings said that ads will soon be incorporated into the service.

Hastings' comments come shortly after Chief Product Officer Greg Peters acknowledged that there would be differences in pricing for subscriptions in different territories. Both Hastings and Peters discussed the current state of Netflix, and its future, during the company's first-quarter earnings call, which was posted to YouTube on Tuesday. During the interview, the CEO noted that they will begin to implement advertising on Netflix in the "next year or two."

"One way to increase the price spread is advertising on low-end plans and to have lower prices with advertising," Hastings said. "Those who have followed Netflix know that I've been against the complexity of advertising and a big fan of the simplicity of subscription." Even though he has been against the incorporation of advertising in the past, he acknowledged that this would be a necessary step for the streaming platform. He also said that this would be a positive for Netflix subscribers, as it will give them "consumer choice" and the ability to choose a cheaper subscription, albeit one with advertisements.

https://popculture.com/streaming/news/n ... mmercials/
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Is anyone here subscribed to Apple TV? Is it any good/value for money?

I'm thinking of trying it. The new Attenborough series on dinosaurs looks amazing.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:04 pm Netflix Officially Adding Commercials

By Stephanie Downs - April 19, 2022 11:03 pm EDT

It's the end of an era for Netflix. While the service has long been praised for its total lack of ads and commercials, Netflix is reversing its course on the matter. On Tuesday, Deadline reported that Netflix co-CEO Reed Hastings said that ads will soon be incorporated into the service.

Hastings' comments come shortly after Chief Product Officer Greg Peters acknowledged that there would be differences in pricing for subscriptions in different territories. Both Hastings and Peters discussed the current state of Netflix, and its future, during the company's first-quarter earnings call, which was posted to YouTube on Tuesday. During the interview, the CEO noted that they will begin to implement advertising on Netflix in the "next year or two."

"One way to increase the price spread is advertising on low-end plans and to have lower prices with advertising," Hastings said. "Those who have followed Netflix know that I've been against the complexity of advertising and a big fan of the simplicity of subscription." Even though he has been against the incorporation of advertising in the past, he acknowledged that this would be a necessary step for the streaming platform. He also said that this would be a positive for Netflix subscribers, as it will give them "consumer choice" and the ability to choose a cheaper subscription, albeit one with advertisements.

https://popculture.com/streaming/news/n ... mmercials/
I'm not sure on this as i prefer it without endless ads like on Television etc plus i don't want my netflix show spoilt by advertisements in the middle of it, i hope i can skip them.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.