What are you watching?

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Time_Traveller

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Time_Traveller »

"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Time_Traveller wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:31 pm Haven't watched this one since it came out in 2004.

One of my favourite horror films. I think it was one of the first DVDs I ever bought. Loved the intro and opening credits!
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Not sure why but I have gotten into Korean Zombie horror films and series on Netflix recently, this one I have just started.

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

-H.G Wells.
40lightyears

Post by 40lightyears »

I started once again Suits last month and I love it even more than before.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

It is October, and I am planning to watch a LOT of Halloweenie movies! To start with, today in just a little bit I'm going to watch an old childhood favorite of mine, the entire Halloweentown franchise!

I'm feeling nostalgic and honestly just kind of want some spooky and kooky child friendly seasonal fun instead of all the gore and jump scares of most horror movies. This Halloween season I'm gonna check out a lot of old kiddie Halloween stuff for a more laid back viewing experience. I'll definitely enjoy some R rated goodness of course, but it's going to be a lot more balanced with less blood drenched flicks than some prior Halloweens of recent yore.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

‘What drives a man to do this?’: re-examining the murder of John Lennon

In a new Apple docuseries covering the shocking murder of one of music’s most beloved figures, the life and motivations of his killer are placed under the spotlight

Mon 4 Dec 2023 15.33 GMT

The production company 72 Films specializes in what the executive producer Rob Coldstream calls “box set” documentaries, “archive deep-dives into compelling figures, events or moments in history that also say something about the world”. They have tackled such enigmas as Donald Trump, Elon Musk and Bashar al-Assad, but their latest project – John Lennon: Murder Without a Trial, a three-part miniseries streaming on Apple TV – presented an unfamiliar challenge in its seeming straightforwardness.

There are no big question marks hanging over the assassination of the former Beatle and counterculture icon by Mark David Chapman: plenty of eyewitnesses watched it play out in front of the Dakota apartments, Chapman was immediately apprehended, and his guilty plea stuck him with a 20-to-life sentence at the Green Haven correctional facility, where he remains today. The co-directors Coldstream and Nick Holt reasoned that they would break new ground on the subject by privileging depth over breadth, inspecting the known components of an infamous case more closely than anyone had before with help from those embedded in the situation.

“It seemed to us that lots of people had made shows about aspects of John’s death and Mark David Chapman,” Coldstream says from his London offices. “But nobody had really put it all together in a way that felt definitive and comprehensive, walking you through the whole thing without having an agenda. We didn’t want to do the sensational true-crime approach or make it into entertainment. We just wanted to lay it out. Then, once we started looking at the gaps between what has and hasn’t been told, it was obvious that there was a lot of evidence and discussion and argument around Chapman and his mental state that was never really heard. So we started to research this, and found a few people out there who hadn’t previously spoken about it.”

Rather than pondering one of the most heavily analyzed public figures of the 20th century, the three installments shift focus from Lennon to construct an exhaustively detailed profile of Chapman, whose inscrutable motivations confounded and fascinated Coldstream. Over several years of research and two spent in production, their team consulted the legal representation on both sides, the investigators, the psychiatrists and a handful of on-site civilians to make sense of a tragedy that still feels senseless to legions of fans. Lennon’s vocal advocacy for peace adds another layer of bitter bafflement to the act of violence that ended his life, an unknowability that Coldstream seized as his starting point.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ut-a-trial