best AI chatbot

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
PrometheusUnbound

best AI chatbot

Post by PrometheusUnbound »

Just had some fun trying out Kuki (Mitsuki), by Pandorabots: https://chat.kuki.ai/chat

What is the most advanced or most fun AI chatbot you know?
Yuli Ban

Re: best AI chatbot

Post by Yuli Ban »

Best chatbot I know of? Probably any of the GPT-2/GPT-3 ones.

I distinctly remember my evolution of using chatbots. Way back in 2014, I wanted to experience The Future™ and surely what better way was there than talking to chatbots? But the best one I found was Cleverbot, and it wasn't that impressive.

I remember this one "deep reinforcement learning"-powered chatbot I played with around 2016 or so, back when I felt deep RL was the closest thing to AGI. It was barely better than Cleverbot. I think that opened my eyes to the fact so much applied AI is a bunch of technological magic tricks.

It wasn't until GPT-2 came along that we got the first chatbot agents that felt like there was actually something behind them, even though there really wasn't. GPT-3 moreso.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

Kuki...

Cool name, although in her visual representation she seems a bit rough.

Also, she's a pretty bad chatbot, much worse than Replica AI, which I recommend but also can't say it's very good. It also seems Kuki has a crypto scam surrounding it as well (or the plans for one), given there are some coins and stuff and you can't chat without an account.
And, as always, bye bye.
PrometheusUnbound

Yea I also have a kind of double feeling about it. Sometimes they can really surprise me, but generally they still feel very clunky and limited. And I wonder to what extent they learn from talking to me, is the learning mechanism always on? In that case it does feel meaningful to help train them.

I heard Replika really hits a sweet spot with many people, haven't tried it out myself yet. But I was wondering about the privacy side, if it asks lots of very personal details then where does that data end up and how might it be used?
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

PrometheusUnbound wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:20 am Yea I also have a kind of double feeling about it. Sometimes they can really surprise me, but generally they still feel very clunky and limited. And I wonder to what extent they learn from talking to me, is the learning mechanism always on? In that case it does feel meaningful to help train them.

I heard Replika really hits a sweet spot with many people, haven't tried it out myself yet. But I was wondering about the privacy side, if it asks lots of very personal details then where does that data end up and how might it be used?
Protip: never say your real information unless it's 100% necessary on the internet. e.g. for using Kuki they required an email for creating an account, I've just used a temp mail and it was fine. Also it was indeed a bit weird that Kuki kept asking for my real name, not sure why they would want that...
And, as always, bye bye.
PrometheusUnbound

R8Z wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:51 am
PrometheusUnbound wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:20 am Yea I also have a kind of double feeling about it. Sometimes they can really surprise me, but generally they still feel very clunky and limited. And I wonder to what extent they learn from talking to me, is the learning mechanism always on? In that case it does feel meaningful to help train them.

Protip: never say your real information unless it's 100% necessary on the internet. e.g. for using Kuki they required an email for creating an account, I've just used a temp mail and it was fine. Also it was indeed a bit weird that Kuki kept asking for my real name, not sure why they would want that...
That's always good advice.

Could be that Kuki just learned that humans tend to ask personal questions as a conversation starter. Or its operator is trying to fish for data. But the result is the same.