The Yabanverse Thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Yuli Ban

Re: The Yabanverse Thread

Post by Yuli Ban »

Rongo Shogunate

The Rongo Shogunate is a pan-human space empire that also includes numerous nonhuman higher primates in its numbers.
Led by Neanderthals, but also including Sapiens, Denisovans, Erectus, Habilis, certain post-Sapiens evolutions, and of course gorillas, chimpanzees, and whatever other primate suits my fancy.

Essentially a wuxia/bushidō Imperium of Man meets Planet of the Apes

I'm still working out the details.

Ave Anthropa!
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Rongo Shogunate: Simia Legionis

The Simia Legionis is the funniest part of the Rongo Shogunate to me, and a good foil to Yabans. These are literally "war apes" used by the Shogunate for purposes of truly bestial war.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Rongo Shogunate: Wu Xia Corps

Wearing one of the genres literally on their sleeves, the Wu Xia Corps is one of the elite fighting units of the Shogunate: martial artists and qi cultivators, typically in massive power armor
Not the most powerful qi cultivators of the Shogunate, but the frontline martial knights nonetheless. Capable in using weapons, hand-to-hand combat, and qi manipulation

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Rongo Shogunate: Various Human Warriors | Ave Anthropa!

Mostly Neanderthals, Sapiens, and Denisovans.

Yabans aren't welcome to join the Shogunate because they aren't based on Earth life, and they're literally insane to boot.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Showing off a few of the Yabanverse-related creations with Midjourney v6
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Commission by /u/dreb_28. Please give this man more work to do, he was excellent!

"Reply of the Kokozarene Saiyans"

Obviously taken from the classic artwork of Ilya Repin, Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks.

In the context here, this depicts a bunch of male and female Yabans from Kokozar, an extremely martial and Titanistic nation on Planet Kollidor, penning an extraordinarily crude letter to the king of a rival nation, presumably a Jinkai warlord.

If you're coming here without the proper context, this is part of the Yabanverse

... a worldbuilding project of mine about a subspecies of Saiyans known as "Yabans." The "Jinkai" are essentially the Tsufruians of Kollidor, except they have not been exterminated, and instead serve more to help make Kollidor feel more like a brutal fantasy world. As of right now, the actual narrative part of the Yabanverse is just getting started with the slice-of-life story known as Little Miss Savage which certainly is not a primeval fantasy story in the slightest (instead being more of a shmaltzy 90s-nostalgia-pandering reverse-isekai-into-the-real-world story), but eventually it'll grow into a full verse showcase.

However, I deliberately commissioned it to be vague enough to be useful in a more Dragon Ball context, because when I saw the final product, the first thing I thought of was "imagine a bunch of Saiyans penning a rebellious letter to Freeza-sama."
I'd love to hear someone remake the original letter in that context too.

Read Little Miss Savage here!

Eventually I'll get around to opening a Patreon, where donations could help me pay to commission a regular webcomic version of the story.