Will Smith attacks Chris Rock what are your thoughts?

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Ozzie guy

Will Smith attacks Chris Rock what are your thoughts?

Post by Ozzie guy »

What are your thoughts on the drama in this year's Oscars?
andmar74

Re: Will Smith attacks Chris Rock what are your thoughts?

Post by andmar74 »

Not many thoughts here, just that Will shouldn't have done it.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Let's just gloss this over as mere acting and be done with it. Chris Rock kinda deserved it for joking about Will's wife's health condition, and Will shouldn't have done it because many kids watch Oscars and may perceive this instance of violence as normalized behavior.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
raklian

Post by raklian »

andmar74 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:49 am Not many thoughts here, just that Will shouldn't have done it.
I agree, but then Chris Rock shouldn't have made that joke. It's on them both. It might work if they both apologize for what has transpired.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Regardless of the staged act comedy really does seem to the outlet nowadays for some very weak things to be said by some of the most pathetic people. There was actually a video I saw of some comic today getting slapped up and he immediately ran to security. I think if a lot of these troublemakers got dealt with on the spot there would be far less of these weird sort of insults flimsily disguised as comedy. And mind you you never saw this sort of stuff even just up to 20 years ago.

I will say though I wonder if there is some sort of change going on in the film and arts that the new generation just starting to get involved in it wants to enact (with maybe some of the older crowd wanting to do so as well). They must be getting sick of SOMETHING for them to have this sort of act on there. Maybe that is why it is so crude as has been the industry recently it seems from snippets here and there of random videos.
Water

Post by Water »

raklian wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:25 pmkids watch Oscars and may perceive this instance of violence as normalized behavior.
Not gonna lie, I'm 35 and for the first time I thought "hm yeah, exactly why shouldn't he?".

I was hit with a realization how "easily" people can bully another person. They can just just like that humiliate someone for their own amusement, yet somehow it's up to everyone else to follow rules: violence is not the answer to mere words, be the bigger person, control your temper, stand up for yourself or for someone else, but not too much. Sure, a person with a healthy ton of charisma and assertiveness could have handled it much better, but that still implies the targets of bullies should grow charisma and assertiveness.

I still don't feel comfortable with someone hitting an obviously weaker person such as hitting a child, or of course beating the crap out of anyone, but this smack? I couldn't help feeling a little satisfaction.
I still think the microwave is the most sci fi invention so far.
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

I just thought it was funny, specially the memes afterwards. It was probably a mistake for both of them.
And, as always, bye bye.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Will Smith banned from Oscars for 10 years over slap

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61018821

:shock:
A vote for Trump, a third party candidate, or no vote at all, is a vote for a dystopian future.
raklian

Post by raklian »

wjfox wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:31 pm Will Smith banned from Oscars for 10 years over slap

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61018821

:shock:
Not too bright of him, wasn't it? 8-)