Scenarios I got while thinking about simulation theory and the implausibility of OTL (Our TimeLine)

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
iridescentrae

Scenarios I got while thinking about simulation theory and the implausibility of OTL (Our TimeLine)

Post by iridescentrae »

Can anyone help flesh these out? Either alone or as a whole? I was never well-educated in history (I took AP US History but not Euro, and because I changed schools I ended up taking world history (social studies) twice instead of one year world history, one year US history. On top of that, I can’t recall details well, just ideas and some terminology. Any help would be appreciated!

Cross-posted to alternate history.com: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/ ... tl.528524/

Also, if you have any thoughts regarding simulation theory and the most likely way events would have developed compared to OTL, feel free to discuss them here! I’d love to see this turned into a megathread.

Hacking impossible due to various methods, like an internet that monitors everything (government)

Cameras everywhere and drones everywhere to keep peace and order

Plastic surgery timeline: surgeries that make the biggest difference in attractiveness using Eurocentric standards of beauty discovered first (profile, eye spacing, nose jobs, lipo)

Robots way before mind reading

Slavery causes areas to split up into different countries

Slave armies, then robot armies/personal home armies

Rejection of foreign bodies by the body? Plastic surgery as we think of it now not possible, organs must be used with anti-rejection drugs?

Organ donation used to pay families, funeral expenses; organs like noses, eyes, lips, bone structure sold to highest bidder, with taxes taken out for universal healthcare, etc.

Plastic surgery discovered and perfected in ancient era due to slavery

Everything is like a drug (art, nature, patterns) discovered and mapped. Drug use turns to micro-dosing controlled by AI to balance out chemical imbalances. Overdoses become rare. Rationalism/intellectual movement surges. Longevity ensues.

We have P300 brain fingerprinting, PET scans, and faraday cages (to prevent ELF hacking) and we actually choose to use them in interrogation rooms, courts.

There were no “ethical” (religious, mostly) barriers to perfecting and implementing widespread gene-editing, cloning

Artificial wombs paid for by government and philanthropy to end abortion
Someone with dreams about the future.

Be a good person. ♡

raynaisabella.blogspot.com