Scumbags

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Scumbags

Post by wjfox »

What kind of scum would do this??

Some weird people in this world.

Sycamore Gap tree at Hadrian's Wall 'felled overnight'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66947040

:oops:

Clementp.fr, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:48 am What kind of scum would do this??

Some weird people in this world.

Sycamore Gap tree at Hadrian's Wall 'felled overnight'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66947040

:oops:

Clementp.fr, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Lets hope they catch them and one day, replant the tree that once stood there too.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Update:

Sycamore Gap: Boy, 16, arrested after Hadrian's Wall tree felled

4 minutes ago

A 16-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the felling of one of the UK's most well-known trees.

The landmark at Sycamore Gap, beside Hadrian's Wall in Northumberland, was cut down overnight.

Northumberland National Park Authority officials believe the tree, known as Robin Hood's Tree, was "deliberately felled".

Northumbria Police said the teenager had been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.

He is in custody and helping with the investigation, a force spokesman said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66952980

Credit: Image source, IAN SPROAT
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Looks like a famous person shared a fake news article to try and claim Megan Fox is a pedophilic sexual predator for having one or more gay kids.

Homosexuality runs in families, each older brother also increasing the odds a male will be homosexual.
Homosexual males actually have brains that are less masculine.
If they do turn out to be transexual women (which I don't know why they are all claimed to be) one form of gender dysphoria is tied to being born a hyper feminine homosexual that identifies with girls and if they don't become more masculine by about puberty onset it is locked in.

erowind

Post by erowind »

It is extra unfortunate that a teenager was the one who did this to the Sycamore Gap Tree, and our society obviously has a lot of work to do in teaching children and youth how important a connection to the ecosystem is. But, in the case of this being mere "vandalism" the charge itself is part of the problem. Where others see vandalism I see something more like murder. It's not the same, we we always need to cut down some trees. But senseless and especially inflammatory destruction of life is a greater offense, could this count as an ecocide charge? New Zealand already gives some of its mountains legal personhood, if we started doing this more generally with other life and places of importance in the ecosystem there would be greater understanding of their value and a framework for trialing crimes like this in a better way.

It's not that I think that the kid should go to jail for 20 years for an ecocide charge either. But he should be made to understand why it was wrong more than just in the context of vandalism, property, or cultural heritage.
erowind

Post by erowind »

Ozzie guy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:19 am Homosexuality runs in families, each older brother also increasing the odds a male will be homosexual.
Homosexual males actually have brains that are less masculine.
If they do turn out to be transexual women (which I don't know why they are all claimed to be) one form of gender dysphoria is tied to being born a hyper feminine homosexual that identifies with girls and if they don't become more masculine by about puberty onset it is locked in.
Genetic markers aren't able to determine a persons scoring on the Kinsey Scale. It doesn't make intuitive sense either, the proportion of people who aren't strictly scoring a solid 0 on the scale rises every year in countries where being queer is no longer criminalized and becoming more and more socially accepted. ~21% of generation Z is LGBT. In a few generations when the majority of the children being born are queer how is anyone still going to cite genetics? That doesn't make any sense. It's much more reasonable to view queerness through a sociocultural lens that incorporates a multidisciplinary view including but not limited to genetics. Epigenetics would even tell us that our cultural and lived experiences help inform our genes when passing them down to the next generation.

Genetics as they are framed here and generally in literature prior to the 1990s are such a reductionist lens to view queerness through. Not trying to rag on you but I really can't stand this stuff, it holds everyone back and everytime I've seen "genetics" cited online in reference to queer people it's always coming from somewhere outdated, with a bad methodology, conservative, hateful, self-hating, etc.
It doesn't mean genetics are bunk, but it does mean that the framing of genetics research, and the conclusions of that research, are often construed.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/389792/lgb ... ks-up.aspx
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

erowind wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:22 am
Ozzie guy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:19 am
I had just brought it up because I wanted to comment on that disgusting attack a famous person made against Megan but thought it did look weird if her 3 kids were gay so I wanted to explain what I knew.

Ill talk to you in dms.
erowind

Post by erowind »

Ozzie guy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:50 am
Ozzie guy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:19 am
I had just brought it up because I wanted to comment on that disgusting attack a famous person made against Megan but thought it did look weird if her 3 kids were gay so I wanted to explain what I knew.

Ill talk to you in dms.
I apologize, I honestly was just logging back into the delete the comment. Not because I don’t believe it but because It was uncalled for and i’m trying to break the habit if arguing with people here. Please don’t ever let me dissuade you from posting here if I ever have. I’m trying to be more self-conscious of anything i’ve done to drive people away from our community.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

erowind wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:10 pm
Ozzie guy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:50 am
Totally cool say what you want I don't think you have driven anyone away.

I should probably avoid controversial topics a bit more myself.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

The kid was released on bail and a 60-year-old man has now been arrested:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66966187