What was the Earth's CO2 level when different works of animation took place?

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
TrueAnimationFan

What was the Earth's CO2 level when different works of animation took place?

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

Sure, it's a bit of a random combination, but I feel like it gives some perspective on the thermal maximum we're causing in an ever so slightly less threatening way, while also utilizing nostalgia.

Last edited by TrueAnimationFan on Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: What was the Earth's CO2 level when different works of animation took place?

Post by wjfox »

Clearly, animations are a key driver of global warming. Let's hope the UN works to remove cartoons from the atmosphere!
ººº

Re: What was the Earth's CO2 level when different works of animation took place?

Post by ººº »

Ban anime
TrueAnimationFan

wjfox wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:54 am Clearly, animations are a key driver of global warming. Let's hope the UN works to remove cartoons from the atmosphere!
I might be missing the joke here...but that wasn't remotely the point, I've just arranged them by the year they take place in, in a way that creates some level of historical perspective.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

TrueAnimationFan wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:00 pm that wasn't remotely the point, I've just arranged them by the year they take place in, in a way that creates some level of historical perspective.
Er, I know. :) Just my eccentric sense of humour. ;)
TrueAnimationFan

Looking at the entire common era, you can kind of tell where the medieval warm period and little ice age are, both of which seem to partially correspond with imagery of extreme heat and severe winters in certain series.