Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Yuli Ban

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Powers

Post by Powers »

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:25 am Image
Kick s*cks ass.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

I think I'm addicted to yogurt. This is my favourite brand:

https://www.lightandfree.com/

I can't stop eating this stuff. :P
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Happy 26th birthday Erowind
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Jay in my garden.

A very shy bird – it flies away at the slightest hint of noise or movement.

In fact, this is one of a pair. I will try to get a photo of them together. :) Very difficult though, as they're startled so easily!

Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

If you recall squid game, right now there is a tv show called "Squid Game Challenges"
Remember Mr Beast making a squid game in real life?
This show is a real life squid game set up by a large corporation spanning multi-40-minute episodes with only adults.

In Australia it is on my Netflix (likely in your country too) I think the show was made in the UK.

I would recommend it.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

I sometimes have this very depressive thought, that older generations are largely responsible for this f***ed world (there were about 300 000 years to make Earth a nice place), they force you to live in it, force you to learn their horrible mistakes of the past and then force you to observe how people of the present repeat similar mistakes over and over again. Isn't it just awful? :|
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Well I thought my day started well until I pulled my curtains and the pole ended up nearly falling off with some of the top part of my new UPVC Windows I had in my bedroom, now have to wait for my mum to get back to look at the assessment of it even though I said about the pole falling off to her months ago and still hasn't fixed it. This rate I'll chuck the whole of it in the bin and get someone out to fix the whole top wall and bit of window which should of been done then.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
erowind

Post by erowind »

I just learned that the unemployment rate for autistic people is ~80%. That really speaks volumes to why life has been so hard for me for so long. That 80% statistic isn't reducible to some bad hiring practice or some simple formula that businesses can just apply to remedy the situation. The hardship and lack of ability to cope with the stressors of society start at the youngest age for many of us. From elementary school all the way through into adulthood everything is fundamentally harder in a myriad of ways that can't be summarized briefly.

Understanding how pervasive ableism is in this society helps make me feel less guilty for "my failings" but it doesn't make me feel less mournful at missing out on decades of experiences that other people just have organically without difficulty.

This isn't a sob post I promise, it's more just me putting my thoughts out there as I'm processing them.
Powers

Post by Powers »

erowind wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:06 am I just learned that the unemployment rate for autistic people is ~80%. That really speaks volumes to why life has been so hard for me for so long. That 80% statistic isn't reducible to some bad hiring practice or some simple formula that businesses can just apply to remedy the situation. The hardship and lack of ability to cope with the stressors of society start at the youngest age for many of us. From elementary school all the way through into adulthood everything is fundamentally harder in a myriad of ways that can't be summarized briefly.

Understanding how pervasive ableism is in this society helps make me feel less guilty for "my failings" but it doesn't make me feel less mournful at missing out on decades of experiences that other people just have organically without difficulty.

This isn't a sob post I promise, it's more just me putting my thoughts out there as I'm processing them.
It is related to a big "catch up" in skills?