Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by wjfox »

Ozzie guy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:32 am I have lost 2.8 Kilos in 50 days my target was 50 grams a day so I have surpassed my target by 300 grams (target by now is 2.5 kilos).

Right now my BMI is 34, 30 is considered obese. I think I have to maintain this 50 gram a day weight loss for 2 years and a bit to be ideal weight.

I am mostly happy that I have lost weight at a consistent rate long enough to suggest I have and am close to forming habits which will automatically keep this weight loss going.
Are you keeping a spreadsheet? I found it really helpful during my weight loss progress. Also, avoiding high-calorie foods is crucial. I hardly eat any cakes or chocolates these days.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

wjfox wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:47 am
Are you keeping a spreadsheet? I found it really helpful during my weight loss progress. Also, avoiding high-calorie foods is crucial. I hardly eat any cakes or chocolates these days.
Yes I weigh myself daily and put it in an excel spreadsheet. Excel automatically has a number counter on the side which I use for days. I have a column next to actual weight for target weight which I reduce by 50 grams a day.

Yeah I think when I get fast food my weight goes up by hundreds of grams. As I am obese I naturally loose weight fast so I can get by loosing weight whist eating a bit of junk. As my weight drops and I naturally loose less weight I will be forced to further and further clean up my diet to keep up with 50 grams weight loss a day.
ººº

Post by ººº »

Ozzie guy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:13 pm Yeah I think when I get fast food my weight goes up by hundreds of grams. As I am obese I naturally loose weight fast so I can get by loosing weight whist eating a bit of junk. As my weight drops and I naturally loose less weight I will be forced to further and further clean up my diet to keep up with 50 grams weight loss a day.
Are you doing exercise? I heard/read it's the most or one of the most important ways to lose weight.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

ººº wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:54 pm
Ozzie guy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:13 pm Yeah I think when I get fast food my weight goes up by hundreds of grams. As I am obese I naturally loose weight fast so I can get by loosing weight whist eating a bit of junk. As my weight drops and I naturally loose less weight I will be forced to further and further clean up my diet to keep up with 50 grams weight loss a day.
Are you doing exercise? I heard/read it's the most or one of the most important ways to lose weight.
I go for a 30 minute walk most days for basic heart health but yeah I am not really doing more than the bare minimum. Exercise makes you loose weight and Muscle mass does make you naturally loose weight faster.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Time_Traveller wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:07 pm Just before I redecorate my room within the next few months, I've decided to reduce my items I have within my room by becoming a minimalist. I am starting tomorrow by getting rid of my DVDs minus my boxsets (Major ones are Doctor Who, NCIS, The Simpsons and Star Trek) plus lots of clothing which I am minimalising to 5 or 6 pairs of t-shirts and hoodies etc and putting them on Vinted and giving them to charity shops.
Update:- Within a few hours of me putting my extra clothes on Vinted 6 of my items have sold.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Today, i went to my very first gay pride festival at Gloucester park with my fellow Tesco colleagues who have been going there for the last year.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
TaraAguilar

Post by TaraAguilar »

Hello everybody, I bet a chat thread is fit for a newbie to start on it)
ConcepcionMoore

Post by ConcepcionMoore »

Hello! I am new and trying to post my ordinary messages, but none of them is approved. I can't get whyy
erowind

Post by erowind »

I think the greatest disappointment for me over the past years has been the realization that I might not live to see LEV or FIVR. I think this has forced me to grow for the better and see beauty and value in other things which has been good. I used to think I'd save the grandeur of life or in depth spiritual development for a time when I could watch the mountains themselves rise and fall before my eyes. The reality, is that the mountains are quite as meaningful as ever just as they are.

Hopefully we do all get to live to experience the utopia many here have hoped for. But if not, I want to encourage everyone to make the best of what we do have, the world is still incredible and life is worth cherishing. That said, I count 20 research projects in phase II trials or beyond on the rejuvenation roadmap!

It looks like telomeres are still giving us the most trouble even decades later. I wonder why?

https://www.lifespan.io/road-maps/the-r ... n-roadmap/
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

I seem to be the only person in London still wearing a mask. Even though cases are rising rapidly again.