Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by wjfox »

Just took my first trip into central London since March 2020. Went through St Pancras/Kings Cross station. Weird to be among big crowds after so long, and a little unnerving, although I'm double vaxxed. Felt like a proper Londoner, and was good to experience a part of normal life again. Can't say I've missed the trains though.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Don't know if I got a cold of COVID, but I've had a very mild illness for the past few days now. If it was COVID (because of the dry cough), the vaccines seemed to do their job because it's already lifting. In fact, the very first day it really hit me, it dropped in intensity before the day was half-over, making me wonder if my antibodies crushed it before it progressed too far.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

During a phone call with my Dad –

Me: "I'm kind of in the overlap between young and middle aged. I think when I reach 45, then I'll be middle aged."

Dad: "I agree."
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

Don't know if I got a cold of COVID, but I've had a very mild illness for the past few days now. If it was COVID (because of the dry cough), the vaccines seemed to do their job because it's already lifting. In fact, the very first day it really hit me, it dropped in intensity before the day was half-over, making me wonder if my antibodies crushed it before it progressed too far.

Every time you are hit with something, you can speculate about what it is. My daughter got a cold for more than two weeks ago, still not over it. She has been tested, not Covid. Then I got sick 5-6 days ago, maybe from her? We are blind like bats here. Probably just a cold, I have been tested so many times for Covid, and I'm fully vaccinated, I'm fed up with this virus.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

I can't believe I live in a society where I have to pretend to friends that I don't believe in the vaccine and I believe in their theories else I get spammed by bullshit.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Set and Meet Goals wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:20 am I can't believe I live in a society where I have to pretend to friends that I don't believe in the vaccine and I believe in their theories else I get spammed by bullshit.
Sounds like you need some new friends. Personally I would break friends with anyone who admits to being anti-vax.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

No, it's not COVID. Cough is wet now, and I don't feel so bad either.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
erowind

Post by erowind »

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:36 pm No, it's not COVID. Cough is wet now, and I don't feel so bad either.
Scare #infinity combining all our experiences the past year or so i’m sure. Glad you don’t have it. I had a sudden coughing fit in the grocery store last night and it scared the hell out of me. Turned out to just be an allergic reaction to something in the store -_-
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Thanks!

And even if it was COVID, I'm fully vaccinated.

Still: get vaccinated, folks! After all, mRNA technology is a modern miracle. And just imagine how much better medical technology will get from here. In ten years, we might have vaccines or smart drugs that destroy even pancreatic cancer.
Cody93

Post by Cody93 »

I too had a scare. Went into an awful, dry coughing fit late last weekend and into Monday, which then turned into tightness around my chest. Got a COVID test once that happened but thankfully both my partner and I came back negative. Finally getting over it now so probably won't get it checked out, assuming it's some other upper respiratory infection. And this all started in the middle of last week as a sore throat. :(
An apple pie from scratch.

🏳‍🌈🌈