Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Time_Traveller

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by Time_Traveller »

Well by the looks of it, i have now bought a new mobile which is the Huawei P40 yesterday which would have been in December but my current Honor 9 mobile has a dodgy battery and charging it kept on changing over the last few days. Instead i will continue with my new phone which will arrive on Thursday on my current contract until my upgrade day and then go from there in December.

Besides that i have also joined BookWyrm which is an alternative to Amazon Goodreads.
Last edited by Time_Traveller on Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Just finished my longest ever walk through London – almost 7 miles. Trekking through forests, farmlands, and eventually reaching a small lake I'd been wanting to visit for some time.

Unfortunately, perhaps due to the recent heatwave, both the lake and also a small pond in the nearby village were both very dry.

I'm glad I did the walk though and plan to join a group on Meetup.com to do even longer walks.

Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Something I want to investigate and not forget is the game "Dual N-Back"

I read that it is proven to boost your fluid intelligence (actual intelligence not knowledge), I suspect this is bullshit but it would be so AMAZING! if true hopefully I find there is indeed a secret brain gym.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Time_Traveller wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:09 pm Well by the looks of it, i have now bought a new mobile which is the Huawei P40 yesterday which would have been in December but my current Honor 9 mobile has a dodgy battery and charging it kept on changing over the last few days. Instead i will continue with my new phone which will arrive on Thursday on my current contract until my upgrade day and then go from there in December.

Besides that i have also joined BookWyrm which is an alternative to Amazon Goodreads.
Well i have an update on my new mobile by the looks of it i need an entirely new sim card since my current one is too large for my P40 and have to upgrade it to a nano-sim which three will sort out tomorrow for me after work,
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

In my job I am getting upskilled for the second time and being offered a full time position that works around my psychiatrist appointment and it's only been two months.

Because I am good at my job and have no life I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in some note worthy management position and still mope about on these fourms lol

I am mostly happy as this means I shouldn't loose a job any time soon. I might not take the full time role I will need to think it through.
LukeScaggs

Post by LukeScaggs »

I have so many problems now, the only thing keeping me alive is my psychologist. Even so, I have no idea how to cope with it all…
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

I had a brilliant day. Joined a walking group, made some new friends, and went for a long walk.

We went through Golders Hill Park (including a little zoo), into beautiful woodlands, through a historic mansion hidden among the greenery, then across Hampstead Heath, to the top of Parliament Hill.

I've lived in London since 2000, but never viewed the city from this vantage point, until today.

Canary Wharf, the City, the Shard, and St Paul's Cathedral, all together (right click to view full size).

MythOfProgress

Post by MythOfProgress »

LukeScaggs wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:15 am I have so many problems now, the only thing keeping me alive is my psychologist. Even so, I have no idea how to cope with it all…
sorry to hear about that, coming from a stranger it probably means nothing but congratulations for being around for this long, its pretty difficult. practicing mindfulness techniques tends to help best when it comes to coping mechanisms(although everyone's different and in your case, i don't know how much it'd help.). cheers though.
R.I.P Ziba.
LukeScaggs

Post by LukeScaggs »

thanks, such messages are really important*
citali_

Post by citali_ »

I finished two songs, one of them which I posted here. I will take a long break now...I deserve it!
Indie singer/songwriter
https://youtu.be/Q_NhbSsz9ko