Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Ozzie guy

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by Ozzie guy »

I know this is pseudoscience crap anyways it feels like when I am moving forward in life everyone reaches out to me and when I am going backwards in life no one does.

Maybe there is a psychological explanation as to why I feel this way.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Just took my first Covid test (lateral flow) and was negative.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

First day back in the office today.

Unpleasant and tiring commute.

Really nice to meet colleagues in person after 18 months, and we had a great pub lunch in the City. Had my first beer since March 2020.

Not sure if I'll be going back regularly though. I still prefer remote. May just go in every month or two, for special occasions, etc.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

I still can't return to my sports stadium Job due to lockdown so the Government has sent me to a job provider focusing on manufacturing. I think this will be good for me I know people will think this is silly but I like to have jobs that make me feel like a man. Jobs in manufacturing could make me naturally strong as well.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

I had decided to leave my current workplace after 7+ years being there, i have just applied for a role at Tesco and hope to get a response in the next few days for an interview. :), if successful i would start there within a month.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

It seems like most people on the internet are pissed off with the world political situation.

One non science thing most people on the forum would agree on is that they hate the current political climate.
SerethiaFalcon

Post by SerethiaFalcon »

This is extremely off-topic, but I was wondering if any of you would be interested in reading the first draft of a futuristic fantasy novel I'm writing? Even reading the first few chapters would be helpful. I'm in a writing program trying to get a book published before AI outcompetes me. :lol: The first draft will be most likely available in the winter of 2022. I think it would be helpful to see what a few armchair futurists think, even if it is just fantasy.
Last edited by SerethiaFalcon on Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

SerethiaFalcon wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:48 am This is extremely off-topic, but I was wondering if any of you would be interested in reading the first draft of a futuristic fantasy novel I'm writing? Even reading the first few chapters would be helpful. I'm in a writing program trying to get a book published before AI outcompetes me. :lol: The first draft will be most likely available in the winter of 2022. I think it would be helpful to see what a few armchair futurists think, even if it is just fantasy.
Sure, for real thought If you plan on publishing it to make money get something akin to copyright before sharing it here. Whist we are mostly great people on this forum, trolls have falsely accused a great member of being a pedo and have tried to make a poster look like a Nazi. So don't 100% trust an anonymous forum that anyone can go to you don't want your story stolen.
SerethiaFalcon

Post by SerethiaFalcon »

Thanks for the advice Set and Meet Goals. Yeah, it is horrible what happens to people sometimes on the internet. But, seeing how the world is, I can't say I'm surprised.
erowind

Post by erowind »

Creative writing is automatically copyrighted the moment it's written. If someone stole your writing and you had a dated document (could be as simple as a photo from your phone with exif data for the time and gps coordinates alongside the word document) showing you wrote the stolen work than you could sue them. Posting your writing here would also serve as a form of timed documentation. If someone made money from your work than a lawyer would take that case pro-bono for sure.