Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
andmar74

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by andmar74 »

wjfox wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:32 am I seem to be the only person in London still wearing a mask. Even though cases are rising rapidly again.
To be honest, I don't care anymore. I have spent 2 years reading about Covid and of course following all the guidelines and getting all the vaccines. But now, it's enough. I'm 48 years old, not old enough for a 4. vaccine. So let me be infected. Fine, I will deal with it. I take vitamin-D supplements, which might avoid me getting hospitalized and getting long-Covid.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Currently suffering the worst toothache I've ever had. I've already seen a dentist and have two further appointments, in which I'll have multiple fillings and other work done. The next one isn't until Friday morning, so I'm in pain until then (only slightly reduced with ibuprofen).

Total cost including the initial consultation will be £766.

I made the mistake of avoiding the dentist for 10+ years, and this is the end result. I won't be making that mistake again and will go every six months from now on.

*ouch* :(
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

As i am trying to find alternatives to Twitter, today i found a new social media website from Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia. Which i hope Will enjoys too as an alternatives to either FB/Twitter or both. This is my page on there. https://wt.social/u/dean-eaketts
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Tentative signs that my toothache is subsiding, after weeks of pain...
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:58 pm Tentative signs that my toothache is subsiding, after weeks of pain...
Glad to hear that you are getting better from your toothache Will.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
GaryWatts

Post by GaryWatts »

So what solutions have you found for toothache?
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

GaryWatts wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:07 pm So what solutions have you found for toothache?
Fillings. :) Of which I had four. The tooth in the upper-right that was most painful has almost completely healed now.

Ibuprofen helped ease the pain.

Going forward, I've now started flossing every day.

I tried flossing a few years back, but found it really uncomfortable and difficult, so stopped. But I found these handle flossers which are 100 times easier than just using a thread with your fingers, so I'm using those now.

An added benefit: you can apparently add 6 years to your lifespan by flossing! So I will definitely continue with that. Plus, brushing twice daily and using mouthwash as I've always done, and cutting down on sugary foods/drinks.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:32 pm
GaryWatts wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:07 pm So what solutions have you found for toothache?
Fillings. :) Of which I had four. The tooth in the upper-right that was most painful has almost completely healed now.

Ibuprofen helped ease the pain.

Going forward, I've now started flossing every day.

I tried flossing a few years back, but found it really uncomfortable and difficult, so stopped. But I found these handle flossers which are 100 times easier than just using a thread with your fingers, so I'm using those now.

An added benefit: you can apparently add 6 years to your lifespan by flossing! So I will definitely continue with that. Plus, brushing twice daily and using mouthwash as I've always done, and cutting down on sugary foods/drinks.
I have been using these too as i currently have to see the hygienist as i wasn't brushing my teeth properly for the last year and a half. They did tell me to use something else but i prefer them.

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

As from tomorrow, i am going to start reading again and get them out from under my bed. I will be reading instead of watching television in the evenings and days after and not at work by putting them on the Bookwyrm site by reviewing them.

-H.G Wells.
GaryWatts

Post by GaryWatts »

Thanks guys, if it helps me (the pain hasn't stopped for the whole week), I'll be the most thankful.