Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
erowind

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by erowind »

wjfox wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:54 am Another night of horrendous insomnia. Why do I keep waking up at 4am, every morning, on the dot?
I feel you. Not that bad thankfully, but I finally got my bedtime under control so I wake up around or before noon everyday. Even so, for some reason my body does not want to sleep more than 6 hours or so. And once I'm awake it's really hard to fall back asleep. I used to sleep for 9-11 hours straight. I don't know what happened.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

I have been sick for a week with something that feels like a bad cold, with coughing at night. I did a quick Corona test in the nose in the beginning, negative. Now today my wife testet positive for Corona, she fell sick yesterday. Also my daughter, 6 years old, became sick today. My son, 12, was sick for 2 days, then he was ok.
So I'm doing a PCR test tomorrow. I'm so fed up with this crap.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

So I was positive for Covid-19. Not well yet, takes time to get rid of.
For me, the severity has been something between a bad cough and the flu.
I would like to thank modern medicine for developing a vaccine in record time :-)
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

A bit of a showerthought, but I was considering this before....

^
Modern medicine is truly amazing. IIRC, the MRNA vaccines were developed over the course of something like 48 hours. The only hold up was testing. If, say, chemical synthesis in AI was even more advanced, we possibly could develop treatments for diseases in literal minutes. Oh, COVID-29 becomes a thing? DeepMind's AI synthesizes a vaccine for it before it's even been transmitted to the second person, and its drug synthesis program tests and approves that vaccine by lunch.
At which point, pandemics come down wholly to human stupidity.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

wjfox wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:54 am Another night of horrendous insomnia. Why do I keep waking up at 4am, every morning, on the dot?
I would consistently wake up at 0700 AM in the past, and sometimes still do, if I get/got drunk as hell which is hilarious. I think it was the AZONANO or some other articles talking about the nanotech everywhere so maybe that could be a part of it. Hell maybe even beer has infused nanotech to make it all go down easier or something and maybe always has :lol:
QuantumTime

Post by QuantumTime »

Wish me luck guys, I may be getting my first research position at one of the national labs in the U.S doing research in quantum computing and AI. I'll be pursuing my PhD in the next two years so trying to get some more research experience under my belt to get myself set for graduate school!
Last edited by QuantumTime on Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

QuantumTime wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:09 am Wish me luck guys, I may be getting my first research position at one of the national labs in the U.S doing research in quantum computing and AI. I'll be pursuing my PhD in the next two years so trying to get some more research experience under my belt to get myself set for graduate school!
Good luck, it sounds exciting!
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

100+ post celebration 8-) 8-)

And, as always, bye bye.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

QuantumTime wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:09 am Wish me luck guys, I may be getting my first research position at one of the national labs in the U.S doing research in quantum computing and AI. I'll be pursuing my PhD in the next two years so trying to get some more research experience under my belt to get myself set for graduate school!
Be careful man cause I imagine some more prestigious positions in those labs might require a clearance. Even if you do not get one hopefully you will be ok because if someone with a clearance does leak something that gets around on the open web virally then stupid shit starts happening to people. Never mind you as a civilian may have stumbled upon it by chance on places like Facebook or old school Liveleak at the time so how would you know? Even if the intel agents don't want to "he/she knows too much" people the tosser/plonker giving the order won't care and it may not be to you but the people around you that get affected.

Anyways I'm sure you have some debt to pay off and those studies will probably pan out to be awesome once you get around a real environment using science in great ways.
Ken_J

Post by Ken_J »

somebody posted a rant about how recipe blogs annoy them with a bunch of inane story crap before actually giving the damn recipe that people came for.

aaaand now I genuinely want to make a recipe blog with absolutely absurdist comedic stuff with a recipe tacked onto the bottom.