Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
MargaretCody

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by MargaretCody »

What songs? Could you share them both?
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Well the start of the weekend didn't go well as the previous day, the washing line decided to collapse with some clothes on it on to me but by doing that i know have a dodgy back and can only move only in parts for example if i sit down, lie and walk. I can't move to much if i stand up from the settee/bed it hurts so i was suppose to be in work today but i am not now.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Time_Traveller wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:22 am Well the start of the weekend didn't go well as the previous day, the washing line decided to collapse with some clothes on it on to me but by doing that i know have a dodgy back and can only move only in parts for example if i sit down, lie and walk. I can't move to much if i stand up from the settee/bed it hurts so i was suppose to be in work today but i am not now.
Sorry to hear that, Dean. :( Take it easy, and I hope you recover soon.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:29 am
Time_Traveller wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:22 am Well the start of the weekend didn't go well as the previous day, the washing line decided to collapse with some clothes on it on to me but by doing that i know have a dodgy back and can only move only in parts for example if i sit down, lie and walk. I can't move to much if i stand up from the settee/bed it hurts so i was suppose to be in work today but i am not now.

Thank you Will, i hope so too. Currently lying on my bed watching Ghost Rider with my head sideways.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Time_Traveller wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:06 am
wjfox wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:29 am
Thank you Will, i hope so too. Currently lying on my bed watching Ghost Rider with my head sideways.
UPDATE: - Well today i feel much better and i can get off my bed/settee without being in pain but have partial cracking on knee and feet due to the pressure my lower back had yesterday i expect. Hopefully, i will be able to go back to work on Thursday.

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Quite a high probability that I caught Covid this evening. Guess I'll find out in a few days.
raklian

Post by raklian »

wjfox wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:47 pm Quite a high probability that I caught Covid this evening. Guess I'll find out in a few days.
Not the news we want to hear, but hopefully the vaccines you've had up to now will suppress the worst of the symptoms. Get well soon!
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

raklian wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:57 pm
wjfox wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:47 pm Quite a high probability that I caught Covid this evening. Guess I'll find out in a few days.
Not the news we want to hear, but hopefully the vaccines you've had up to now will suppress the worst of the symptoms. Get well soon!

I should have worded that more clearly! :) Sorry.

I don't have any symptoms (yet). I just meant, I attended a fairly high-risk event (crowded indoor concert at the Jazz Cafe). Maskless, as I was eating dinner with a friend.

It was a totally brilliant night. I don't regret going.

I normally wear an N99 for shops, public transport, etc. but it's obviously impossible for restaurants.In the last year I've attended several events where I had to be maskless, and I know my luck is bound to run out at some point. But c'est la vie...

Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Just before I redecorate my room within the next few months, I've decided to reduce my items I have within my room by becoming a minimalist. I am starting tomorrow by getting rid of my DVDs minus my boxsets (Major ones are Doctor Who, NCIS, The Simpsons and Star Trek) plus lots of clothing which I am minimalising to 5 or 6 pairs of t-shirts and hoodies etc and putting them on Vinted and giving them to charity shops.

-H.G Wells.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

I have lost 2.8 Kilos in 50 days my target was 50 grams a day so I have surpassed my target by 300 grams (target by now is 2.5 kilos).

Right now my BMI is 34, 30 is considered obese. I think I have to maintain this 50 gram a day weight loss for 2 years and a bit to be ideal weight.

I am mostly happy that I have lost weight at a consistent rate long enough to suggest I have and am close to forming habits which will automatically keep this weight loss going.