Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Ozzie guy

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by Ozzie guy »

I think I am seeing a horrid Psychiatrist.

Seen him since 2018
Still extremely depressed and I now think there is like a genuine 2% chance I end up dead from suicide or something in the next year.
Seeing him twice a week takes 8 hours. (1.5 hours travel time both ways for two sessions for just a 50 minute appointment.)
He won't diagnose me or give me medication.
He won't transfer me to a different psychatrist that is closer to me.

I think I need to book an appointment with my dr and get anti depressants.
Then if the anti depressants work and i am fine in about 8-12 weeks cut off seeing him as fast as I can and view him as a bad life influence who wouldn't do his job and medicate me.
Revolutionary Moderate

Post by Revolutionary Moderate »

My mental health is perfect, which I am very thankful for, since I see how so many people struggle with their mental health. My lifesytle of just going with the flow probably helps my mental health and my life is pretty stress-free as well, and unlike probably everyone else in the world, I have actively enjoyed living through the COVID-19 pandemic, which I currently profitting from since my job is testing people for COVID-19. Also, since I apparently like disorder and chaos, it seems the effects that climate change will have won't affect my mental health that much. Also, I don't suffer from climate anxiety, probably because I know I cannot do much to stop climate change, so worrying about it is useless.
The Potato Praiser
erowind

Post by erowind »

Set and Meet Goals wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:15 am I think I am seeing a horrid Psychiatrist.

Seen him since 2018
Still extremely depressed and I now think there is like a genuine 2% chance I end up dead from suicide or something in the next year.
Seeing him twice a week takes 8 hours. (1.5 hours travel time both ways for two sessions for just a 50 minute appointment.)
He won't diagnose me or give me medication.
He won't transfer me to a different psychatrist that is closer to me.

I think I need to book an appointment with my dr and get anti depressants.
Then if the anti depressants work and i am fine in about 8-12 weeks cut off seeing him as fast as I can and view him as a bad life influence who wouldn't do his job and medicate me.

Ask your GP to give you a referral to a different psychiatrist/therapist/psychologist. 2 Years with zero change in your mental health and his approach is more than grounds enough to stop seeing him immediately. Call him and tell him you don't want to be his patient anymore and to take you off his roster.
Explain the situation to your GP I'm sure they'll be more than willing to refer you to someone else. If not call around whatever officials in your health system (I don't know how it works over there) until someone does.

Your feelings are valid, I'm sorry you've had to put up with someone that incompetent.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Revolutionary Moderate

So, my dad and my sister have COVID-19. Fortunately, both of them are fully vaccinated, so they have been feeling not that bad. Even though I live with them, I am not scared about catching COVID-19 since I am spend a lot of time away from them, and when we are together, we all wear N95 masks. So, now I am the only member of my immediate family who has not been infected by COVID-19.
The Potato Praiser
donnaclarkxu88

Post by donnaclarkxu88 »

Revolutionary Moderate wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:16 pm So, my dad and my sister have COVID-19. Fortunately, both of them are fully vaccinated, so they have been feeling not that bad. Even though I live with them, I am not scared about catching COVID-19 since I am spend a lot of time away from them, and when we are together, we all wear N95 masks. So, now I am the only member of my immediate family who has not been infected by COVID-19.
When I was affected by Covid-19, I don't know that it is covid first 3 days but I stay with many people and none of them were affected. I don't have it for another time, I think that I am not the person who spread the infection. I am not vaccinated.
Revolutionary Moderate

So, I was wrong because I got infected with COVID-19 and I am absolutely certain that my family infected me. Hopefully I don't get long COVID, but of what I have read reagarding long COVID, it seems to affect women more than men. I feel fine, probably because I am fully vaccinated and boosted, so this is a breaktrough infection and my only symptom is a running nose, with occasional sneezing.
The Potato Praiser
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Revolutionary Moderate wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:15 pm So, I was wrong because I got infected with COVID-19 and I am absolutely certain that my family infected me. Hopefully I don't get long COVID, but of what I have read reagarding long COVID, it seems to affect women more than men. I feel fine, probably because I am fully vaccinated and boosted, so this is a breaktrough infection and my only symptom is a running nose, with occasional sneezing.
You'll be fine! I'm curious as to when track and trace will be implemented to keep you safe.
Revolutionary Moderate

Luckily for me, it seems that I avoided getting long COVID because I no longer feel sick, although I still have some symptoms, although now I only have an occasional cough.
The Potato Praiser
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

Revolutionary Moderate wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:38 pm Luckily for me, it seems that I avoided getting long COVID because I no longer feel sick, although I still have some symptoms, although now I only have an occasional cough.
Same for me, I got covid during the new year's eve and now, 20 days later, I feel super fine. In fact even better than before as I've started exercising as part of my 2022 goals. I think I got Omicron so probably it was because of that that I had very mild symptoms.
And, as always, bye bye.