Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Yuli Ban

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by Yuli Ban »

Starting a new job. Might be making $100k a year soon!

If it works out, except me to splurge on some nifty tech gadgets in the near future, like AR glasses.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

My toothache is back with a vengeance.

I think one of the molars is causing some sort of pressure against my gum. It only seems to happen in the evenings, which is weird.

Very painful right now, even more so than before my recent fillings. :cry:
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:38 pm Starting a new job. Might be making $100k a year soon!

If it works out, except me to splurge on some nifty tech gadgets in the near future, like AR glasses.
WOW 100K USD that is insane enjoy yourself.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Just seen the dentist again. She removed the upper-right filling and gave me a sedative dressing, which is a temporary filling. She'll call me on Friday to arrange a new one. I was shown an X-ray, and she explained that the first filling was quite deep and close to a nerve, which may have triggered it. Hopefully this can be resolved on Friday – if not, I may need a root canal. Thankfully I won't be charged, as part of their guarantee, which is great.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

What a difference a good sleep makes. I managed 8 hours last night and feel amazing this morning.

Everyone should aim for quality sleep. :)

Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

As of a couple days ago I am feeling burnout and haven't cared about micromanaging any kind of goal. By taking a breather I discovered that I now have some new good habits that I do without trying. The most obvious one is feeling the need to track my weight every day.

Speaking of which I've lost 5.2kg in 112 days!!! (Which in itself is tied to some diet habits)

Today I read the first chapter of the book "Atomic Habits" I posted the amazon link if you wanted to see what it is about.

https://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Habits-Pr ... 400&sr=8-1

I think for the next couple of weeks my only goal will be reading a chapter of the book daily.
A very rough idea I have had was reorientating my efforts to strictly following all the advice in the book and seeing what happens. Realistically it will take some months to learn the system, see if it is helping me and the book needs to live up to the hype.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

My registration for Friendica is pending which i hope this site will replace Facebook hopefully within a few months as I now refuse to be part of any social media website which is owned by billionaires such as Zuckerburg, Musk etc. Also i hope Decentralised websites are the future.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Working a warehouse job is harsh, but the pay is phenomenal.

So you know what? f*ck it! I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna buy an exoskeleton. I mean not immediately because I'd love to get in shape, but once I've built up enough funds, I'm absolutely going to augment myself.

The very thought that I've committed to this is interesting. There's a whole bunch to choose from, none of which were available even five years ago. There's one that's a bit over $1,000 that I might get in a few months.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

I was in Wigmore Street this evening, and spotted this.

Wonder when it's going to open... 8-)

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

It's surely only a matter of time before I get my first Covid infection. I've been attending various large, indoor, maskless events in recent weeks – including last night, the biggest one yet.

Dying or being hospitalised doesn't worry me in the slightest. Long Covid is literally the only thing that still worries me.

I know it's time to move on from the pandemic, most people have already done so, and I'm really enjoying getting fully back into London's nightlife, etc. Life has to go on.

But I can't help feeling a little uneasy about the prospect of long-lasting damage from the virus, possibly a reduction in life expectancy by a few years, maybe some other health complications...

There isn't really much we can do though, is there?! Other than getting boosters when offered. And I still mask on public transport, in shops, etc.