Missing forumers

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
wjfox
Site Admin

Missing forumers

Post by wjfox »

Who are we missing? Let's make a list...!

PhoenixRu

caltrek - despite being among the most prolific posters on the previous forum, has only posted once here, and under a different name

TranscendingGod

eacao

zEVerzan

MarcZ

Maximus

Outlook

Omosoap

tomasth

Zaphod

Or maybe they just changed their names. :P
joe00uk

Re: Missing forumers

Post by joe00uk »

PhoenixRu said he won't be returning as a member, although he'll visit the site from time to time as a guest - which is a shame, because I already miss him.

caltrek has an account here with the same name, but hasn't posted anything. MarcZ joined under a different name, although I can't remember what his new name is because he hasn't posted that much here (I think it might be Xyls). Maximus and Outlook are also here and kept their usernames, and so is Zaphod, but like caltrek, he hasn't posted anything.

I also wonder if TrueAnimationFan might be zEVerzan, but I don't think he's said either way.

We’re also missing SeedNotYetSprouted and Cyber Rebel.
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Hello! I am here!

The forum change happened to have coincided with a particularly busy point in my PhD and so I just haven't found the time to post (or even browse the internet really). I was never a particularly frequent poster on the previous forum, but did join from around 2011.

I think I'll always be one to dip in and out of the forum, but will always maintain some presence. I like keeping up to date with future developments and hearing ideas from the rest of you guys.
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

I wonder what happened to Outlook, Razz and As We Rise
Internet used to be an escape from the real world.
Now the real world is an escape from internet.
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

wjfox wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:05 pm PhoenixRu
caltrek
TranscendingGod
eacao
zEVerzan
MarcZ
Maximus
Outlook
Omosoap
tomasth
Zaphod
starspawn0
kjaggard
Last edited by Lurking on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Internet used to be an escape from the real world.
Now the real world is an escape from internet.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Lurking wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:19 pm starspawn0
kjaggard
Starspawn0 left of his own accord, though for a very good reason.

Ken J = Kjaggard
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Lurking wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:09 pm I wonder what happened to Outlook, Razz and As We Rise
Outlook, I don't know. He might be doing what I briefly thought of doing for a laugh: deliberately ignoring the forum for weeks until people started asking where he is. Or maybe something happened.

Razz, I barely even remember Razz.

As We Rise... Oof. That's a hell of a story right there. I'm just going to say, I don't think we're going to be seeing much of As We Rise around these parts anymore.

You know what would be great, though? If we actually got new members. Outside of a handful here (Like Time Traveler and obvious Wjfox) virtually no one mentioned or who has posted in this thread was active on the previous forum when it went live 10 years ago.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
joe00uk

Post by joe00uk »

Outlook's here, but he's only posted once so far.

As for As We Rise, I know I was there at the time, but my memory of what happened to him is a little fuzzy. Didn't he go off in some weird Stormfront direction? He never seemed like a particularly stable person to me. I also don't think I ever saw where starspawn0 explained his departure.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

I love this board. Very few places on the internet that has all the science and news of the world within a easy findable way. Wjfox has a good idea and I respect him a lot.

That is all I'll say.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

joe00uk wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:15 pm Outlook's here, but he's only posted once so far.

As for As We Rise, I know I was there at the time, but my memory of what happened to him is a little fuzzy. Didn't he go off in some weird Stormfront direction? He never seemed like a particularly stable person to me. I also don't think I ever saw where starspawn0 explained his departure.
As We Rise went full and openly fascist over the course of about a year, yes.

Starspawn0 was harassed by a troll who accused him of pedophilia because of a video he posted. Simply enough, the setting of a video (which appeared to be similar to the hallway to a public restroom or something similar) was used by the troll to say he was trying to expose himself to teenage boys who browsed the forum. I don't even want to think about all the ways that doesn't make sense.

This was more a failure of the moderators, as we didn't immediately remove the troll or his posts despite them constantly being reported (even by other users), so he left. After all, for someone of his standing, even accusations like this can have ruinous effects. So he said he was leaving for at least a year, if not longer.