Old Forum Archive

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Yuli Ban

Old Forum Archive

Post by Yuli Ban »

Here's the thread to share the archive of the previous forum. I don't currently have said archive, but I'll sticky it if someone shares it.

The idea behind keeping the archive easy to access is so that we can keep a consistency between the old and new forum
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Jakob

Re: Old Forum Archive

Post by Jakob »

The zipped archive is at https://gitlab.com/jcoles/ftl
erowind

Post by erowind »

I'm planning on migrating threads overtime. I imagine others will do the same.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

erowind wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:19 am I'm planning on migrating threads overtime. I imagine others will do the same.
That's my plan from the start.
I suppose my main wish now is for someone to host the archive online.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Jakob wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:29 am The zipped archive is at https://gitlab.com/jcoles/ftl
I must have unzipped it wrong because only the front page is in html; all the other files just read as "file"
Outlook

Post by Outlook »

im thinking of setting up a vps soon for reasons, so I'll see if I can host it there if it happens
Last edited by Outlook on Mon May 17, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

I'm temporarily sticking this thread, so it's more visible to those who need it.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

When we get the archive hosted online, we ought to create a "Legacy Forum Archive" section on this forum as a link to it. I've noticed many other forums do this.
Jakob

Post by Jakob »

Yuli Ban wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:17 pm
Jakob wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:29 am The zipped archive is at https://gitlab.com/jcoles/ftl
I must have unzipped it wrong because only the front page is in html; all the other files just read as "file"
It seems to be working for me. Maybe it wasn't fully unzipped yet?
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Must be:

This is what every click away from 'Index' brings me. When I mass change all extensions to html, I'm stuck to each page.