General gaming news and discussion

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
brendonmccullum455

Re: General gaming news and discussion

Post by brendonmccullum455 »

Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar I loved that game the protagonist John Marston, the story , the setting , the characters , the gameplay.Everything was perfect.
erowind

Post by erowind »

wjfox wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:26 pm How many of you guys have played Mass Effect? I'm downloading the Legendary Edition right now (120GB). Should take another 6 hours or so...
Everything's great until the ending of 3. I've heard that the devs fixed this but I don't know because I haven't played since then. If the ending disappoints you make up your own lol, the rest of the trilogy outshine it by far and are worth playing. I really enjoyed the RPG elements and story of the first game and think it shines the most in terms of dialogue. A lot of people didn't like the first games harder RPG elements and they may have changed or tweaked them in this remaster. Mass Effect 2 and 3 are very different games from Mass Effect 1. 2s overall writing and game design is better imo but 3 has the best combat of the series. They are all amazing games though.

My tier list goes, Mass Effect --> Mass Effect 2 --> Mass Effect 3
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

wjfox wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:39 pm
I still remember getting the original age of empires game free from a cereal box, it seems like cereal box goodies are a thing of the past which died out can't believe they literally gave us video games (obviously they were probably rare like 1/50 boxes or something.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

wjfox wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:41 pm
:D Probably the best thing about future tech is the graphical improvement in video games! That looks so sweet compared to BF3 which was pretty recent.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

My opinions exactly. 2001 was a major turning point in video gaming in many ways, on top of being approaching 1998 in terms of sheer quality, and E3 reflected it.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

wjfox wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:41 pm
In-game graphics are at the same level CGI was in the 2000s. It looks like a prerendered cutscene, but it isn't, and my eyes still can't accept that.
I will say that explosions & smoke aftereffects haven't come that far, though. Even in this trailer I can tell that console gaming struggles to show off explosions as anything more than a 5-10 second gif that fades out completely. I remember the ARMA series did it right, but that was the exception. I dunno, kinda takes me out of it, as small of a nitpick as it is.